Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dowe have other tools like Putty to connect UNIX boxes Post 302252639 by nivaspIND on Thursday 30th of October 2008 03:40:09 AM
Old 10-30-2008
Dowe have other tools like Putty to connect UNIX boxes

New to UNIX, do we have only putty to work with UNIX boxes remotely ?????? any other tools..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

users logging on to unix boxes

I have been asked to write a unix script to log and report all users logging on to our unix boxes as either the root or oracle users only on a 24 hour basis. This should trap the logon and logoff time,if possible what they are doing and their username. Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irehman
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files across 2 UNIX boxes

Is it possible to compare two files which reside on different UNIX boxes? (I'm using HP POSIX/Korn) :confused: Consider the scenario of a pre-production environment (box 1) and a production environment (box 2) I would like to check if some files on both boxes match or not. It's quite... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flattyre
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to direct-connect two UNIX boxes

Hello, I have a V880 and a 420 running Solaris 9. Each box has more than one NIC card. I'd like to know how to configure the network on the two boxes so that I can directly connect the NIC cards. Meaning, I don't want a switch or router between the two. I just want to run a CAT5 cable to each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agcodba
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! Suggestions on what I can I use my 2 unix boxes for?

Once upon a looong time ago I used to work with Unix systems - SGI mainly. Now I've inherited 2 boxes - an SGI dual processor Octane and an Indigo2. For the past 2 years they've sat waiting for me to do something with them and never getting round to it. I run a windows network at home so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimmyChang
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to connect ubuntu through putty from Window?

Hii, i have installed ubuntu in windows without make partitioning by using wubi.. i want to connect ubuntu linux through putty. but I am unable to do that. Please help me.. how to set ip address in putty (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkumar
3 Replies

7. Solaris

how to config sudo in unix boxes

Hi How to configure sudo in all unix boxes. plz provide the step by step process. Regards Praveen (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
3 Replies

8. Linux

Help!! trying to connect to linux SSH from windows putty client

Hi, i am trying to connect my Putty session on a windows box to a linux SSH, i have generated private and public key pairs using puttygen, i have set the public one to be in an OPENSSH format... and have put this in my authorized_keys file in linux, when i connect i get the following errors: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtyreman
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Login from putty in wndows7 to connect ubuntu machine

hi, i have ubuntu installed on windows 7. I am trying to connecting to ubuntu from windows 7 using putty but it is giving network problem. I am trying to connect with ip address Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
9 Replies

10. Red Hat

I cannot connect my redhat server via putty

a server with RHEL 5.3 is running. im going to access this via putty but get message "server unexpectedly closed network connection". after some time. same is the case with root and oracle user. what can be issue ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
7 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX - Net::Server UNIX protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the UNIX SOCK_STREAM socket type. See Net::Server::Proto. Any sockets created during startup will be chown'ed to the user and group specified in the starup arguments. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. unix_type Can be either SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM (default is SOCK_STREAM). This can also be passed on the port line (see Net::Server::Proto). However, this method is deprecated. If you want SOCK_STREAM - just use proto UNIX without any other arguments. If you'd like SOCK_DGRAM, use the new proto UNIXDGRAM. METHODS
NS_unix_path/NS_unix_type In addition to the standard NS_ methods of Net::Server::Proto classes, the UNIX types also have legacy calls to NS_unix_path and NS_unix_type. Since version 2.000, NS_unix_path is simply an alias to NS_port. NS_unix_type is now redundant with NS_proto. These methods were missing between version 2.000 and 2.003 but have been returned as legacy bridges. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default # deprecated UNIX socket parameters unix_type (SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_DGRAM) SOCK_STREAM port "filename" undef # more recent usage port "filename / UNIX" port "filename / UNIXDGRAM" LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.18.2 2012-06-06 Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)