Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Synchronizing primary and secondary name servers Post 302252533 by a2z1982 on Wednesday 29th of October 2008 06:27:18 PM
Old 10-29-2008
Synchronizing primary and secondary name servers

Hello All,

Does some one know how to synchronize the primary name server with the secondary without knowing the domains on which synchronization failed.

I have just done /usr/sbin/ndc reload

Alternatively how do i find out the domains on which synchronization failed?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find All Primary and Secondary Group ID's for a user

Is there any command which can list me all the Group ID's (Primary, Secondary ) assocaited with a single user. Thanks Sanjay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay92
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regarding Synchronizing 2 CVS.

Hi As a System Admin, I have to handle synchronzing 2 CVS. But I'm new to CVS & hardly have any knowledge of such tools. Please help me, is there any way, that can automatize the process for synchronizing the 2 remotely residing CVS database with out manual intervension. Ex:- CVA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

primary-secondary sync problem

hi guys, i am new to this DNS business and i'm having a problem. the setup is bind 9.2.3 is installed on a sun solaris 8 server and is the primary DNS. men and mice suite is installed on another sun solaris 8 and that is our secondary DNS server. problem is recently the secondary DNS stopped... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbannout
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the values to the secondary script when it invoked by primary script

Hi, When I invoke a script s1.sh it will call an another script s2.sh by itself. This script s2.sh will call some java files, so while running the script it asks for a file name to be processed. Which we can see in the screen. The file name to be processed is present in script s1.sh Now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venu_eie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing the values to the secondary script when it invoked by primary script

Hi, When I invoke a script s1.sh it will call an another script s2.sh by itself. This script s2.sh will call some java files, so while running the script it asks for a file name to be processed. Which we can see in the screen. The file name to be processed is present in script s1.sh Now I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_eie
2 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

shift hard disk from primary IDE channel to secondary IDE channal

Wellcomes All, some times ago I 've installed a Debian ditribution on an Hard Disk who was set as Primary Master. Few days ago, I 've decided to install another Hard Disk with a different Operating System. When I did that, I turned off the old hard disk, and I mouted the new one on the Primary IDE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thekarsillo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List ALL users in a Unix Group (Primary and Secondary)

Is there a command or better combination of cmds that will give me the list of Unix users in a particular Unix group whether their primary group is that group in question (information stored in /etc/passwd) or they are in a secondary group (information stored in /etc/group). So far all I got... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
5 Replies

8. Linux

Secondary linux dist WITHIN primary one

Hi New here so forgive my ignorance and inability to express myself in an informative manner ;) I have a Fedora distribution installed on my development computer. The system we build is meant to run on a slackware dist which is all fine and well. But due to our flow of deployment I would have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquam
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to find Primary & Secondary VIOS?

Hi, In a Dual VIOSs setup having 4 SEA adapters each, how to find which one is Primary and Secondary.? Regards, Siva (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
2 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS Primary and Secondary

hi there, i using salaris 10 as my DNS server. i have 2 dns server primary and secondary. if primary dns server i edit/update, the other secondary dns server must be sync too. How can i configure if dns server (primary) can sync the secondary? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tappetmus
1 Replies
asadmin-list-domains(1AS)					   User Commands					 asadmin-list-domains(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-domains, list-domains - lists the domains in the given domains directory SYNOPSIS
list-domains [--domaindir install_dir/domains] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] list-domains lists the domains in the given domains directory. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domains are located. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not specified, the domains in the default install_dir/domains directory are listed. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Example 1: Using list-domains asadmin> list-domains List of domains: domain1 running samples not running Where: the domain1 and samples are listed and their status printed. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-domains(1AS)