Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris creating printer queue in Solaris 10 Post 302252196 by kumarmani on Wednesday 29th of October 2008 02:10:07 AM
Old 10-29-2008
Thanks Incredible!

I will follow the step and revert to you in day or two if i face any further issue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 8 setting up a remote printer queue

I have a printer installed over ADSL to a router at a remote location. A Windows printer queue has been setup and working and I can ping the IP address from the Solaris server. I now want to add a printer queue for this printer under Solaris, but I am unsure how to setup a remote printer queue.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Help adding a printer queue

Hello, I need some help on the following issue: Need to have a printer queue added to the "sssssss" server.The IP address is "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx". It is an HP8000 printer. Can you please point me to the right direction. Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AQG
0 Replies

3. AIX

Printer Queue not getting created

When I try to create first print queue in this system with the command line argument, find the output also... # /usr/lib/lpd/pio/etc/piomkjetd mkpq_jetdirect -p 'generic' -D pcl -q 'AR06_Workcenter_32' -h 'AR06_Workcenter_32' -x '9100' 0782-606 /usr/lib/lpd/pio/etc/piomgpdev: Error 'A file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giribt
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 setup remote printer queue help

I am trying to setup a remote printer (home users printer) through Solaris 8. The IP address is 172.16.17.10 and I can ping the printer, a local windows printer queue has been setup and works but now I am trying to setup a remote Unix printer queue. With this being a remote printer, do I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
2 Replies

5. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Cancel printer queue permission

How to assign permission for a user to cancel unix printer queue other than root? lprm -P and cancel? How to chmod for /bin/cancel to -rws-x-x --> s means? Please help. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
1 Replies

7. AIX

Cannot setup a printer queue

So I've got this asc file that someone sent me for setting up a Zebra printer on AIX. When I use smit or the command line I get this error when I try to setup the printer up: File /usr/lib/lpd/pio/predef/master does not exist. The master file is there. This only happens when I setup a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hurmoth
2 Replies

8. AIX

Problem with Queue of the Printer

Guy's This is the Queue of the printer ... >lpstat -pTOPPRINTER Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- --------- --- ------------------ ---------- ---- -- ----- --- --- TOPPRIN @TOPP DOWN QUEUED ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
1 Replies

9. AIX

Retrieving printer queue properties

Hi everyone! I've been stuck with a job I'm struggling with. A while back we loaded a large number of printer queues into our AIX environment through smit. Since then some of the details have gone astray, including full details on the older printer queues. I need to gather together details on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoverbury
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printer queue not clearing

Hi I have installed an HP X451dw printer on our network and want to print from Sco Openserver v6 The printer produces correct output but then repeats until the queue is manually stopped. :confused: It is using a netcat/dumb interface Any advice on how to persuade it to only print once... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: David Holmes
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)