Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users need to concatenate two lines if the line doesnt end with quotes Post 302251372 by laxmi131 on Monday 27th of October 2008 01:49:41 AM
Old 10-27-2008
need to concatenate two lines if the line doesnt end with quotes

Hi

I am getting a source file where the columns are seperated by comma and double Quotes
Eg1 : "AAA","BBB","CCCC"
in the same source file i am also getting few lines where my last columns double quotes are ending in its next line or the next next line

Eg2: "AAA","BBB","CCC
CC"
(or)

"AAA","BBB","CCC
CC
CCC"
I need to concatenate all such lines( shown in Eg2) and make it in to single line (as shown in Eg1)

Can any one please help me in this regard.How can this be acheived through unix

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need solution concatenate and display 2 lines as 1 with a condition for 2 line ?

I have 2 pattern of lines (SQL query and Time taken)in a log i need to capture all SQL queries with time taken >20 sec and need to display as one line. 2 lines from log: 2007-10-23 11:39:17,061 DEBUG - SQL Query : SELECT A.GROUP_CD , C.FN_CD FROM UP_GROUP A , PRD_GROUP_TO_FN B , PRD_FN... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vithala
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate and display 2 lines as 1 with a condition for 2 line ?

I have 2 pattern of lines (SQL query and Time taken)in a log i need to capture all SQL queries with time taken >20 sec and need to display as one line. 2 lines from log: 2007-10-23 11:39:17,061 DEBUG - SQL Query : SELECT A.GROUP_CD , C.FN_CD FROM UP_GROUP A , PRD_GROUP_TO_FN B , PRD_FN... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vithala
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing end of line to merge multiple lines

I'm sure this will be an easy question for you experts out there, but I have been searching the forum and working on this for a couple hours now and can't get it right. I have a very messy data file that I am trying to tidy up - one of the issues is some records are split into multiple lines: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tink
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile - extracting certain lines to concatenate into 1 line

I've got a log file from automatic diagnostic runs. The log file is appended to each time an automatic log is run. I'd like to just pull certain lines from each run in the log file, and concatenate them into 1 comma delimited line (for export into excel or an html table). Each diagnostic run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BecTech
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / awk to concatenate lines until blank line

Sample input (line feed indicated by ) --------------- The red fox jumped over the brown fence of the red hous He then went into the orchard --------------- Desired Output --------------- The red fox jumped over the brown fence of the red house He then went into the orchard (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunstonrocks
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding lines at end of a line

This is what I want to do. I want to write a script that reads each line (of the highlighted file below) and add a specific number of blank lines (sometime 2, 3 or 5 lines) at the end of each line while copying that line. For example, here is the input. The sky is blue. I like to eat. I like... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text to end of line on all lines

Hi, I've spent some time researching for this but can't seem to find a solution. I have a file like this 1234|Test|20101111|18:00|19:00There will be multiple lines in the file with the same kind of format. For every line I need to make it this 1234|Test|20101111|18:00|19:00||create... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
5 Replies

8. Programming

concatinate all lines from second line to end of line in perl

I have datafile like ~dta.yunm shhshsgggssssjsksjs sggsjshsjsjssss shshshhshshshs i wish to take only first line and all other lines in concatenated form in second line what should I do??? output like ~dta.yunm shhshsgggssssjsksjssggsjshsjsjssssshshshhshshshs please tell me how... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujit_singh
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stripping double quotes from front and end of a line

I have a file and some records may contain double quotes at beginning and at end of line. So how do I strip them? For Example, file is somethings like this Field1;Field2;Field3 01;'Test';'Test Field3' "01;'This is 2nd field';This is 3rd field' " Desired Output is: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines that contain a pattern from specific line to the end.

Gents, I am trying to delete all lines which start with "H" character, but keeping the fist header. Example In the input file I will delete all lines starting from line 8 which contents character "H" to the end of the file. I try sed '8,10000{/^H/d;}' file But as don't know the end... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiam912
1 Replies
XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS					      XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)

NAME
XcmsCCCOfColormap, XcmsSetCCCOfColormap - query and modify CCC of a colormap SYNTAX
XcmsCCC XcmsCCCOfColormap(Display *display, Colormap colormap); XcmsCCC XcmsSetCCCOfColormap(Display *display, Colormap colormap, XcmsCCC ccc); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. ccc Specifies the CCC. colormap Specifies the colormap. DESCRIPTION
The XcmsCCCOfColormap function returns the CCC associated with the specified colormap. Once obtained, the CCC attributes can be queried or modified. Unless the CCC associated with the specified colormap is changed with XcmsSetCCCOfColormap, this CCC is used when the specified colormap is used as an argument to color functions. The XcmsSetCCCOfColormap function changes the CCC associated with the specified colormap. It returns the CCC previously associated with the colormap. If they are not used again in the application, CCCs should be freed by calling XcmsFreeCCC. Several colormaps may share the same CCC without restriction; this includes the CCCs generated by Xlib with each colormap. Xlib, however, creates a new CCC with each new colormap. SEE ALSO
DisplayOfCCC(3), XcmsConvertColors(3), XcmsCreateCCC(3), XcmsDefaultCCC(3), XcmsSetWhitePoint(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)