Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity How do i find all the commands entered by root on any terminal Post 302250744 by vampirodolce on Friday 24th of October 2008 07:18:51 AM
Old 10-24-2008
Hi Reboot,
for some reason when I use script (/usr/bin/script) in .bashrc, as soon as the user logs in the shell goes crazy (e.g. CPU 100%) and the output file - typescript in my case - becomes huge. Do you know why?
The command 'script' on a command line works just fine, it's the .bashrc that doesn't like it. I am using Debian Etch.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal Commands

Hi there. Linux newbie and I'm trying to find commands to: Display number of executable files in a directory that i supply and list them in alphabetical order Back up all the files in the current irectory to a directory i supply, creating that directory if it's not allready there Cound... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indigoecho
5 Replies

2. Solaris

How to allow root login from a specified terminal ?

I want to enable root login just from one terminal machine, can i do that via /etc/default/login in console=/dev/console line ? and if so what i have to type exactly, another question is it normal to edit the files inside defaults directly ? or i can copy it to /etc/ and edit it there and its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
3 Replies

3. AIX

Can't login root account due to can't find root shell

Hi, yesterday, I changed root's shell in /etc/passwd, cause a mistake then I can not log in root account (can't find correct shell). I attempted to log in single-mode, however, it prompted for single-mode's password then I type root's password but still can not log in. I'm using AIX 5L version 5.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neikel
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

commands in the terminal

hi.. I have a small question...if I have a textfile..let say apple.txt and I want to 1. search for all strings that's 6 characters long, and contains the letters a,b,c,d. 2. search for all words that that begins with "sUn" and ends with "flower" 3. search for all the words beginning with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oregano
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with simple terminal commands

i am at home with a windows xp home, and i am using putty terminal to access my linux mathlab account, my task is to compile and run a C program, called a.c, i used gcc -Wall -g -o mycode a.c to compile it into a mycode file now when i want to run it, i was told i had to use $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files for next day of the date entered

i have few files generated everyday with a date stamp. Sometimes it happens that if the files are generated late i.e after 00:00 hrs the date stamp will be of the next day. example: 110123_file1 110123_file2 110123_file3 110124_file4 in the above example file4 is also for the previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

8. Programming

C terminal commands

Hi I am trying to modify a C program to work for my needs. Problem is I don't know any real programming. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me! Basically it is to get bandwidth speeds from a remote box. I have two terminal commands that get me the up and down speeds. So how do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: milestails
8 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Creating terminal commands

I've written a program in C, called count_0.1 which is essentially a word count program. I want to be able to use it as a command in the terminal (by typing in count), like when you type in ls, you don't have to go to a directory, find an executable and type in: ./ls I've tried: Adding... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usernamer
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find users with root UID or GID or root home

I need to list users in /etc/passwd with root's GID or UID or /root as home directory If we have these entries in /etc/passwd root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash rootgooduser1:x:100:100::/home/gooduser1:/bin/bash baduser1:x:0:300::/home/baduser1:/bin/bash... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
6 Replies
dialups(4)							   File Formats 							dialups(4)

NAME
dialups - list of terminal devices requiring a dial-up password SYNOPSIS
/etc/dialups DESCRIPTION
dialups is an ASCII file which contains a list of terminal devices that require a dial-up password. A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct password must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. The set of ports that require a dial-up password are listed in the dialups file. Each entry in the dialups file is a single line of the form: terminal-device where terminal-device The full path name of the terminal device that will require a dial-up password for users accessing the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The dialups file should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample dialups file. Here is a sample dialups file: /dev/term/a /dev/term/b /dev/term/c FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords SEE ALSO
d_passwd(4) SunOS 5.10 4 May 1994 dialups(4)