Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to bind an application to specific ip Post 302250650 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 24th of October 2008 01:50:30 AM
Old 10-24-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlliagre
This is normally done by the application itself which has to support it, not externally although a dtrace script might do the trick.
how can dtrace do something like this?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do redirect in bind

Hello all! Does anyone know how to redirect i link to a host or alias name? Here is the example: i wank to type "Bob" in my browser and be redirected to http://192.168.54.37:7001/Bob/BobMainServlet on that perticular port. Im using Redhat 6.2 with bind 9.2.3 regards... dOzY (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

BIND question

Suppose you had a bunch of domains registered with names following the scheme, 11example.com 22example.com 33example.com etc. These domains are all for virutal webhosting, and will have the same web servers with the same IPs on all of them. The question is, because they're 2nd level domains, is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to bind interrupts on a specific CPU

Hello, we practise our server with operating system ReliantUNIX 5.45 and we are using Informix Dynamic Server 7.31. I ascertained a lot of cpu interrupts per second (int/s). The count of int/s exceeds critical maximum value considerably. Machine specific notes for Informix Dynamic Server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urbale
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to issue a new application to a specific processor?

We can use "pbind" to bind a process to a specific processor. But it requires the id of the process to be binded, meaning we have to do the binding after starting that process. So how can we bind a process to a specific processor while we start that process. Say we are working on a Sun's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ubcedison
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bind Problem

Hi all, I've 2 Debian Etch (4) box used as ns1 and ns2 with BIND9. My domain name is something like this: subdomain.domain.com And I've 2 authorized DNS servers for the subdomain. I set this line in both of ns1 and ns2 (I.e. in ns1.subdomain.domain.com and ns2.subdomain.domain.com): cw ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS - IP bind

Hello, Our production linux server have multiple network interface. Recently we installed and started NFS. Now the client server cannot mount to the server running NFS. Later it was discovered that the port being used for NFS is only bound to one IP address, which is not the IP address I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure BIND

I know how to manage DNS once it's installed. I can edit named.conf and create zone files. I can sign the zones, use TSIG, etc. How do I take the BIND 9.9 tar ball from All Downloads | Internet Systems Consortium and install it and get it to work? Maybe I am not getting it. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't bind to IP

When you get the message can't bind to ip already in use. is there a command to search to see everything that is using that IP? I've already check the host and hostname files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mchelle_99
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bind

Hi All I need to do bind of exiting filesystem to new storage allocated mount --bind /prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/test echo "/prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/pgsql bind bind 0 0" >> /etc/fstab will this command just work ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)