Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Net-snmp issue in Solaris 8
Operating Systems Solaris Net-snmp issue in Solaris 8 Post 302249975 by sundar63 on Wednesday 22nd of October 2008 12:37:07 PM
Old 10-22-2008
Solved

Well, the error messages are gone now. Smilie

I renamed mibiisa.* files and restarted snmpd and it worked. No more annoying messages in the log.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

net-snmp-5.1.2 Solaris 9

All, I downloaded and installed the following net-snmp from the sourceforge.net website on a Solaris 9 server with the entire collection installed: net-snmp-5.1.2-SunOS_5.9_sun4u.tar.gz with no errors. I attempt to run snmpget and I get the following error: ld.so.1: snmpget: fatal:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

2. Solaris

net-snmp on solaris 8

hello I am running solaris 8 sparc. I installed net-snmp 5.4.1 (compiled it from tar file). When I do snmpwalk from another server, I receive a partial list of OIDs then it stops and gives 'timeout. No response...' another snmpwalk will directly timeouts. I compiled again the binaries... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Net-SNMP issues Solaris 10

I'm unable to see any traps being sent from my Solaris 10 server using Net-snmp 5.4.2 Here is my snmp conf file. Please let me know if there are any syntax issues you might notice. cat /etc/sma/snmp/snmpd.conf ########################################################################### # #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 issue on Sun Solaris

Hi, I am trying to compile the source code for Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 using the gcc compiler-3.4.6 and 3.4.3 but I am getting the follwoing error with perl enabled: /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -Usolaris2 -Dsolaris2=solaris2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -Wdeclaration-after-statement... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tisha
2 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

net-snmp - restarting too quickly issue

on my sol10x86 10/08 box, i needed to remove the native snmp agent (sma) for net-snmp-5.4.2.1. once net-snmp was configured and installed, i reconfigured the appropriate files of smf and attempted to restart. service was put into maintenance mode: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pupp
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

net-snmp issue

When I run a script that polls a router I get the following error from net-snmp. I can not seem to find a straight answer. Could my mib files be corrupt? xxx-xxx:/etc/sma/snmp/mibs# perl /export/home/user/perl/test.pl Unlinked OID in SNMPv2-MIB: snmp ::= { mib-2 11 } Undefined identifier:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Error occurred while making the net-snmp 5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version.

Hi all, Error occurred while making the net-snmp-5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version. Environment - Solaris 5.10-x86 - Net-SNMP-5.4.4.tar.gz - Path (/etc/profile) PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATHUSR=/usr/ccs/bin: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH Error01 - summary ***... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
3 Replies
dmesg(1M)																 dmesg(1M)

NAME
dmesg - collect system diagnostic messages to form error log SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
looks in a system buffer for recently printed diagnostic messages and prints them on the standard output. The messages are those printed by the system when unusual events occur (such as when system tables overflow or the system crashes). If the argument is specified, com- putes (incrementally) the new messages since the last time it was run and places these on the standard output. This is typically used with (see cron(1)) to produce the error log by running the command: every 10 minutes. The arguments and allow substitution for the defaults and where should be a file containing the image of the kernel virtual memory saved by the savecrash(1M) command and should be the corresponding kernel. If the system is booted with a kernel other than /stand/vmunix say /stand/vmunix_new, must be passed this name, the command must be, WARNINGS
The system error message buffer is of small, finite size. is run only every few minutes, so there is no guarantee that all error messages will be logged. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
error log (conventional location) memory scratch file for option special file containing the image of kernel virtual memory the kernel, system name list SEE ALSO
savecrash(1M). dmesg(1M)