Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission Post 302249116 by radoulov on Monday 20th of October 2008 04:36:42 PM
Old 10-20-2008
Code:
 find . \( -perm -g=r -o -perm -g=w -o -perm -u=w \) -ls

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newly created files default group and write permissions

Whenever I create a new file the group name is "dnn" and the file permissions are "-rw-r--r--". How do I get it so when I create files (with vi or other programs) that the default group is "sss" and the permissions are 770? (I am running HP-UNIX) Thanks, GoldFish (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user & group read/write access question

folks; I created a new users on my SUSE box and i need to give this user/group a read write access to one specific folder. here's the details: - I created new user "funny" under group "users". - I need to give this user "funny" a read/write access to another directory that is owned by "root".... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove group write bit?

I know this may sound little incomplete but this is what i read on some linux hardening guide.I dont have any clue on how to remove group's write bit. I m posting the exact sentence of the hardening guide. What all system files to be taken care of? ---------- Post updated 10-04-10 at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to remove Group write permission .

How would i write a command that can find all the objects under the etc directory that have group write permission enabled and have not been accessed in the last X days. This is what i got from internet souce but i m not able to modify it according to my distribution. find /etc -perm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search any user files with write permission

Guys, i wanna get any user files with write permission (on user or group permission) for review but i confuse with -perm parameter. any body can help me to explain what is that mean? thank's (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michlix
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Allow user without dir write permission to execute a script that creates files

In our project we have several unix scripts that trigger different processes. These scripts write logs to a particular folder 'sesslogs', create output data files in a separate directory called 'datafiles' etc. Usually L1 support team re-run these scripts . We donot want L1 support team to have... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
14 Replies

8. AIX

Assign read write permission to the user for specific dir and it's sub dir and files in AIX

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. I do not want to assign user the same group of that directories too.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Giving read write permission to user for specific directories and sub directories.

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. This is for Solaris. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
1 Replies
ACCESS(2)							System Calls Manual							 ACCESS(2)

NAME
access - determine accessibility of file SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> #define R_OK 4/* test for read permission */ #define W_OK 2/* test for write permission */ #define X_OK 1/* test for execute (search) permission */ #define F_OK 0/* test for presence of file */ int access(const char *path, mode_t mode) DESCRIPTION
Access checks the given file path for accessibility according to mode, which is an inclusive or of the bits R_OK, W_OK and X_OK. Specify- ing mode as F_OK (i.e., 0) tests whether the directories leading to the file can be searched and the file exists. The real user ID and the group access list (including the real group ID) are used in verifying permission, so this call is useful to set- UID programs. Notice that only access bits are checked. A directory may be indicated as writable by access, but an attempt to open it for writing will fail (although files may be created there); a file may look executable, but execve will fail unless it is in proper format. RETURN VALUE
If path cannot be found or if any of the desired access modes would not be granted, then a -1 value is returned; otherwise a 0 value is returned. ERRORS
Access to the file is denied if one or more of the following are true: [ENOTDIR] A component of the path prefix is not a directory. [ENAMETOOLONG] The path name exceeds PATH_MAX characters. [ENOENT] The named file does not exist. [EACCES] Search permission is denied for a component of the path prefix. [ELOOP] Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the pathname. (Minix-vmd) [EROFS] Write access is requested for a file on a read-only file system. [EACCES] Permission bits of the file mode do not permit the requested access, or search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix. The owner of a file has permission checked with respect to the ``owner'' read, write, and execute mode bits, members of the file's group other than the owner have permission checked with respect to the ``group'' mode bits, and all others have permissions checked with respect to the ``other'' mode bits. [EFAULT] Path points outside the process's allocated address space. [EIO] An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. SEE ALSO
chmod(2), stat(2). 4th Berkeley Distribution May 22, 1986 ACCESS(2)