Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to avoid duplication within 2 files? Post 302247665 by ./hari.sh on Thursday 16th of October 2008 07:11:04 AM
Old 10-16-2008
ok.....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

File Duplication

hi all how to find the file duplication in a windows 2000 server as usual replies are sincerely appreciated. thanks raguram R (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
3 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Avoid creating temporary files on editing a file in Ubuntu

Hi, My ubuntu flavor always create temporary files having filename followed by ~ on editing. For eg: if I am editing a file called "sip.c", automatically a temporary (bkup) file is getting created with the name "sip.c~". How to avoid this file creation? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

3. Programming

What is the proper way to combine C++ files (with g++) to avoid link (ld) errors?

Problem background: gcc v 4.1 2 .cpp files, 2 .h files Files: main.cpp a.cpp a.h b.h Organization: main.cpp includes a.h (because it calls a.cpp code) a.cpp includes a.h a.h includes b.h (because a class in a.h uses a b.h class) There is no inheritance between a.h or b.h or any of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnqsmith
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid files being archived

hi all, i want to write a shell script which can automatically touch my all files within a folder in an interval of 90 days ...so that i can avoid them being archived. I don't want to manually touch the all files instead i want an automated shell script to do this. Thanks in advance, Om (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Avoid intermediate files when pipe does nt work

problem with piping one output to another.Would like to avoid the intermediate file creation.The piping does nt work on places where files have been created and goes in an endless loop. sed -e "s/^\.\///g" $LINE1| sed -e "s/_\(\)/kkk\1/g" > $file1 tr -s '_' ' ' < $file1| \ sort -n -k... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w020637
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Avoid typing long filenames in terminal, shortcut for selecting files?

You probably know the answer to this, because I know it exists. I have super long filenames with md5 hashes and I sucks to type the whole hash in the console. Because... just because :P What is the shortcut for selecting a file in the current directory? Like you get a sort of loop through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hellfire1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid locking between two files:

Hi frnz, I have requirement as follows.. There are two Modules say A and B...n both have few set of files..we have one script which read these files and load into database(vertica) table..while running script smtimes i encounter an error like one table is getting loaded from A module file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
7 Replies

8. Linux

De-Duplication Problem

Hi all, I download and install lessfs for deduplication, I copy files in /SharedFiles directory and lessfs work right and not store again copy files, but, when i delete all files in /SharedFiles , not return free space to total space, files not show in /SharedFiles , but not copy new files in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saeedha
3 Replies

9. AIX

How to avoid errors when moving files in a bff?

I am building a bff using mkinstallp. My template file is : Package Name: svr_exForum Package VRMF: 7.2 Update: N Fileset Fileset Name: svr_exForum.rte Fileset VRMF: 7.2 USRLIBLPPFiles Pre-installation Script: /lppdir/lpp/exForum/F_pre_i ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevinl
2 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported com- pression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp or diff is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2009-07-05 XZDIFF(1)