Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting echo 2 txt files to screen no carraige return Post 302247499 by danmero on Wednesday 15th of October 2008 07:05:13 PM
Old 10-15-2008
What about paste?
Code:
paste file1.txt file2.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo or print to screen and file

I did a search for this topic but I couldn't find it and I was sure I have seen something similar before (hard because I am not sure of the criteria for the keywords) What I was looking for was to be able to echo a message to the screen from a bash.sh script at the same time logging it to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is it possible to echo 'some text' every 10 minutes on my screen

is it possible to echo 'some text' every 10 minutes on my screen continues , without cron. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkandati
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set variable to Home, then echo it to screen

Major Newbie here folks. I'm trying to set a variable to my Home directory and then echo it to the screen. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Anna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amidget
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo to both screen and a file

Please help me to simplify my below script. #!/bin/bash LOG_FILE=/tmp/log.txt echo "Hello" echo "Hello" >> /tmp/log.txt Is there anyway, that I can echo "Hello" to both screen and file with one single echo command ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt

Hi Guru's, I need to create 3 files with the contents "ABC" using single command. Iam using: echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the above command is not working. pls help me... With Regards / Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : stdout is not return to screen

Hello All, I have a perl script , and the STDERR and additional FH is redirected to the STDOUT like below: open STDOUT ,">>$log" or die "$! :: $log\n"; open STDERR ,">&STDOUT" or die "$! :: Can redirect STDERR to STDOUT\n"; select STDERR; $|=1; open LOG ,">&STDOUT" or die "$! :: Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return vs. Echo

In a Ksh functions, when you have both echo and return respectively - what does it do. E.g. Func B () { ..... { ..... echo $Varaible } Return 0 } Func A () { $Var1 = Func B() .... .... } (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan8877
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo command with screen and ssh

Hi, i need to execute echo command to write in a txt file on a remote machine. i did it in this way: ssh user@remotemachine "echo "put text here" > /home/user/myfile.txt" I tried to run the same command within a detached screen in this way: ssh user@remotemachine screen -dm "echo "put... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brembo
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to echo $variable into txt file?

Hello i tried many times echo $variables into text file with no success for example: echo "#!/bin/sh BBHTAG=RFOCLT_check # What we put in bb-hosts to trigger this test COLUMN=RFOCLT # Name of the column, often same as tag in bb-hosts $BBHOME/bin/bbhostgrep $BBHTAG | while read... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo both to the screen and to a file

In shellscript, I want to display echo message in console and in the log file. please help me to display this message in two places. I am using below statment to display messsage, but it is displaying in log file only. echo "Server Already running" >> serverlog 2>&1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kri
3 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported com- pression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp or diff is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2009-07-05 XZDIFF(1)