Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX won't mount /usr...won't boot fully Post 302245083 by dig1tal on Thursday 9th of October 2008 09:54:34 AM
Old 10-09-2008
did you try and fsck /usr while in maintenance mode?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris (9) won't boot!

Hi, I've just bought an Ultra 60 running solaris 9 (or so I've been led to believe). When I start up, it looks for a (presumably) domain/network to hook up to and the following messages are displayed: Boot device: net file and args: Network link setup failed Please check cable and try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alarmcall
3 Replies

2. AIX

server won't boot

Hi all , i was trying to upgrade firmware on machine 7028-6E4 and it failed . Now machine does not boot anymore , i can not get SMC menu either ... What are my options ? Thanks, Rahim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahim
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CVSWeb won't recognise mount points

Hi guys, The data store behind our CVS server is on a windows box for reasons best known to my predecessors. Therefore the CVSROOT is a cifs mount point, actually it's /mnt/CVS but that's by the by. The problem I have is that CVSWeb fails to recognise mount points as directories, and tells... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdamRoper
0 Replies

4. Solaris

cannot find boot device and won't boot off cdrom

I'm running solaris 2.5.1. My main development server is DEAD, i can't even boot off the cdrom, it powers up, acts like it is starting the boot process but then says cannot find boot device. I've done the search here on this site and saw the other posts, but at the ok prompt it won't even let me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Ultra 60 won't boot

I just was given an Ultra 60 that I'm trying to get started so that I can re-load the system with Solaris 10. I can't seem to get the system to boot past the initial memory check. I've tried to do an Stop-A to get to the eeprom, but can't do that. My next step is to try to send a break from the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zosojohnny
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

External Hard drive won't mount

i have a Simple Tech hard drive that i use between two computers. it is formatted to ntfs. i have a dell desktop with Ubuntu 7.10 and Ubuntu 8.04 and Windows XP Home. and i have a laptop with Ubuntu 7.10 and Ubuntu 8.04. the laptop recognizes the hard drive on both 8.04 and 7.10 but my desktop... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux won't boot

I'm trying to install Fedora 9 on a Dell OptiPlex GX300 machine. The instalation runs properly, but when the computer restarts after the instalation, it simply won't boot, like there's no OS installed. I tried diffrent Linux distributions, but nothing works. This are the partitions, maybe it's... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: teis
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New kernel won't boot

I compiled new kernel in linux 10.04 called linux-2.6.26.8-xenomai, it runs alongside the other kernel, but when I want to boot it I get an error message saying: Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev) ALERT! /dev/sda5 does not exist. After making the modules and headers I made the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdop
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Samba won't mount after reboot...please help

I am able to mount samba but it just won't mount when i reboot system what is stopping it from mounting after reboot? I mounted before reboot but right after reboot...i ran mount # mount /dev/mapper/vg_sda2-lv_root on / type ext4 (rw) proc on /proc type proc (rw) sysfs on /sys type sysfs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia3310
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display

Can anyone offer any advice on how to modify the script below to work on a new system we have, that has no graphics capability? We admin the system through a serial RAS device. I've tried running the below script through the RAS and through an ssh -X session. It failed with something like "GTK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelirt5
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)                                       systemd-fsck@.service                                      SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)