Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Document
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Document Post 302245054 by satish.res on Thursday 9th of October 2008 08:33:02 AM
Old 10-09-2008
Question Document

Plz can somebody give me the shell and perl scripting documents,i need to start the scrpts learning.now i know about the linux commands,but need help in putting the same in the scripting with do,if,while and also using diffrent commands in the scrpipts,pls help..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a document

Hi.. Does anybody knows how can I split a file in N documents?? I have a document of more than 80,000 lines (it is generated in a dynamic way, sometimes has 80,000 others 30,000 , or 1000,000) Im trying tyo break this file in only 1 lines of commands but I want to break it in a N differents files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtapia
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo with a here-document

I do not know how valid this post is, but here it is. I was writing a script for testing some development code that I had written. It involved many echo statements to redirect the output into a log file. Given the large number of echo statements, I took to this solution cat <<EOF >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Teaching myself Here Document

I understand that a Here Document will redirect all of the lines between the beginning marker for the here document and the ending marker into the command specified just as if the text were coming from standard input. I am trying to understand the Here Document with this example: # Menu file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericelysia
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

The here document <<

Hello, I want to know the use of the here document with the << operator. Tried to go through some books but the concept was not clear. Please can any1 expalin me this with a simple example. Thanks, Rahul. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

here document not working

I tried doing ftp myhost <<HERE username password quit HERE but it doesnt work. Why? When I do ftp host, I always get prompted for username, and once I type that in I get prompted for password. But when I try doing it from here document it freezes. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh and here document

Hi :) how can I use here doc to use ssh? I am facing a problem with the below script: #!/bin/bash ssh hosein@localhost << * 123456 * "123456" is my password Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: htabesh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables in HERE DOCUMENT

Here is my problem: can we set the variables in the HERE DOCUMENT? I have tried but failed. Any one has good comments please let me know. #!/bin/csh -f pbrun -u xmgbrk runshell <<! @ $num1 = `wc -l /home/tpltp/csh/scripts/who.csh` echo "$num1" if ( $num1 > 0 ) then echo $num1 | tee -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tpltp
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here document inside a here document?

Can we use a here document inside a here document? Something like this ssh user@remotehost << REMOTE sudo vserver vsernamename enter << VSERVER perform actions on vserver. VSERVER REMOTE (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
6 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

HTML document

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Personal Web Page</TITLE></HEAD> <BODY BGCOLOR="WHITE"><H3> <CENTER>My Personal Page<HR>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Larry_1
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the value from Here Document

I have code like var="1" echo << EOF export `var="2"` EOF echo $var The value of var is printed here is 1 but it should be 2 Any error there? ---------- Post updated at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:33 AM ---------- Also tried var="1" echo var << EOF echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adisky123
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)