Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers permission to install software Post 302244029 by sitij109 on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 03:47:32 AM
Old 10-07-2008
Thanks to all your replies. Now I am able to proceed with my installation. However, I still have to figure out how to install a Fortran compiler to complete the installation.

SitiSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

software install on solaris 10

what is the command to install a software from a remote server or cd? pkg_add -rv bash < freebsd i need the same command on solaris i try to use pkgadd but no success (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: litch
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where can i get software for install unix

Need help guys, i need to know where can i get a unix on solaris 10 software to install unix into my computer since i dont have internet. I want to start playing on them at home. Any help appreciated .... sonny (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rxsonny
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Program permission (to install etc)

hi! all i've setup my PC with FreeBSD 6.2 and i've created login ID for my friends i would like to allow them to install program (since they're requesting to use bnc/psybnc) using their shell however, they have encounter such error to install the program they have to sudo in order to run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdns
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Install gcc with 750 permission

Hi All, I need gcc with permission 750, while installation itself. or how can i change the permission without using chmod command. My requirement is User and Group only use the gcc. since i am having ldap users. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajamohan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to install the audio software in my pc

Hi, my friend refer me here he was saying that they have the best solution and really good wisdom of the UNIX system , i am learning and trying to install the audio software in my pc , but it 's not working may be i am forgetting something. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maggilane
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Zoning permission problem when installing software

hi all i am working on zone and when i try to install software i face read and write permisssion on directory which zonning inherit from them so how can i add read and write permission to zone already running (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamisux
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to install Sybil software

Hello everyone, I'm currently trying to install a software for my job... Sadly, noone can help me with UNIX :( I'm working on cygwin, with a proxy to access web (I dunno if these informations are needed) Here is the link to my software : Sybil: Downloads What I have been able to do :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluvah
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Install a Software on Fedora!

Hi, I've been busy since this afternoon with an editor called e3 installation process! I have the source code and I think that I have to make a .C file first then try make command ... ./configure doesn't work, there is no useful README and I am completely lost... The file for Fedora x86_64 is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almirzaee
1 Replies

9. AIX

Install software in another directory with smitty install

Hello, I would like to ask if someone knows if is possible to install sofware via smitty or installp in another directorie , or we have to accept the default location? i would like to intall in /opt folder , but smitty installed it in /usr Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

User to install software

Hi there. I'm setting up my first "proper" server using RHEL - in the past I've only had various test servers etc running, so want to make sure I'm doing things properly. When installing s/w, let's say Apache, I don't want it to run as root, correct? Should I then create a new user "apache"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eludlow
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)