Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting trigger a script based on the run status of another scipt Post 302242665 by era on Thursday 2nd of October 2008 02:11:05 PM
Old 10-02-2008
Code:
grep success logfile >/dev/null && third

Without more information about the log file, we can't really offer much more.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to trigger a script based on another log file.

I need to execute my script as soon as one log file arrives. This log file is named as logyymmdd. I need to add trigger to my script based on this logfile. Please guide. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nishigupta
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed. run shell scipt remotely

Dear all , I have a script. this script called get.sh and can get some solaris infomation and save the result as result.tar.gz. the problem is : we have 12 servers. every time. I need to login 12 server and do the same job 12 times.:mad: master server ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinesefish
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

return status after run the shell script

Hello, I wanted to delete all files which are placed 14 days back. Here is my below script. My script works very well and it deletes all files 14 days back. I wanted to display message incase if the delete script is not successful. The below script returns always successful. But the directory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a script based on the value in text file

I have a Text file as shown below /* text file begins---------- ----------- Monthly files Loaded ------------- input_file record_count load_count reject_count ------------ ----------- ----------- ----------- 1_IN.txt 221935 221935 0 2_IN.txt 270668 270668 0 3_IN.TXT 231666 80370 151296... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script has to run until the status value is updated

Hi All, Need some help like how to exit from the script after updating the column in data base. db2 connect to DB STATUS=$(db2 "SELECT STATUS FROM XYZ ) echo $STATUS Initially the status value will be '4' or 'NOT YET RUN'. The Shell script has to run until the status value is updated... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanmca2006
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inner script run and its exit status

Main Script #!/bin/ksh echo "Maimn script" ./clocal/www/web-data/WAS/WebSphere7/scripts/DealerLocator/Scripts/secondscript.ksh echo "$? = status" Sdecond Script #!/bin/ksh echo "In second SCript" exit 1 Output: Maimn script ./testmain.ksh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshaila
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a script based on status of embedded script

Hi, I have 2 scripts, first.ksh and second.ksh and would like first.ksh to run based on response of 'Y/y' received for second.ksh but in my case it continues to execute 'rm /tmp/list' irrespective of response received, below are my scripts with further info, Hope I'm making sense :) Thanks! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mbak
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run the script based on dates

I am having below script which needs to be executed based on start and end date #!/bin/bash array=('2016-09-27' '2016-10-27' '2016-11-27' '2016-12-27' '2017-01-27' '2017-02-27' '2017-03-27' '2017-04-27' '2017-05-27' '2017-06-27' '2017-07-27' '2017-08-27' '2017-09-27' ) for i in "${array}" do... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

How to run the files in Linux shell scipt?

I have a homework and I tried to work on this but unable to find the solution. Can someone help me how to resolve the issue. I have a package file and it contains text file as prod.ame300_000001.101414145111.A.txt. In the text file it contains pdf file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavand
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger script based on condition

Hi Guys, I am having below code which runs based on condition, Is it possible to check condition at the time of trigger code=$1 if ;then nohup sh script.sh $val 1 & fi I need to trigger if the $code = JP then only to trigger nohup sh script.sh $val 1 & My try but wanted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
4 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)