Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: errno
Top Forums Programming errno Post 302242393 by matrixmadhan on Wednesday 1st of October 2008 10:25:53 PM
Old 10-01-2008
Interesting !

I would assume 'yes'. I don't see a reason for ENOSPC and read system call failing due to that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Getting errno in a Multithreaded program

In Tru64 Unix, the 'errno' variable is not thread safe. Could anybody help me about how to make it thread safe or how to check 'errno' in a Multithreaded program ???? The Programming process is like this. There are some definite number of threads having their own task. There is one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. Programming

errno pb

Hello, I need to make a lib with pthread, when I run my make file all is good. But when I run my test program, I test errno in the begining and is already set to 251. Is it normal ??? What can I modify in my Makefile to have errno set to 0 ??? Thanks $make gcc -D_REENTRANT -shared -fpic... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dts
3 Replies

3. Programming

Hi errno in sys/stat.h

How should I use errno in a c program and what info does it have . I am working with directories and files. So can any one tell me How to access errno?I am using the stat() function on \etc directory and I am alble to access only the half of the directories.I am not able to access other half and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
6 Replies

4. Programming

does perror() set errno?

here the program gives a odd result: #include <stdio.h> int main(){ perror("first"); perror("next"); return 0; } result: first: Success next: Illegal seek why? any resonable explanation? i found no information about this in man pages. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebd
2 Replies

5. Programming

need help about get errno [ENXIO] for mmap

from mmap manpage I get it's errors discription: The addresses specified by the range [off, off + len) are invalid for filedes. How could I trigger a ENXIO ? anyone can input the code? Lei (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

6. Linux

[Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Dear all, CentOS 6 After executing "yum update -y" command I am facing this error. Please help me out. thanks in advance. Full error & error code is given as follow: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
7 Replies

7. Programming

Getpwnam_r returning null with errno 25

I am calling getpwnam_r with all proper argument as below:- rv = getpwnam_r(name, result, buffer, buflen); This program runs fine on sol 8/9/10. But on sol 11 it returns NULL with errno set to 25 (#define ENOTTY 25 /* Inappropriate ioctl for device */) All boxes are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranajit
2 Replies

8. Programming

Function open() sets errno

I am opening a text file using open() system call in O_RDONLY mode. open() returns me a valid handler but also sets errno to 13 i.e. EACCES(Permission denied). Question is when open() is returning a valid handler then why does it sets the errno? Should not errno be set only in case of error... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Ultrix] /etc/init failed, errno 2

I am running the gxemul software under cygwin, Just when installing the .iso image, I got the error shown in the picture. Any ideas what's happening? Thanks Jack (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies

10. AIX

Errno.h symbols

Hi, I need to look at a recent copy of /usr/include/errno.h from AIX 7.2 to check some symbols. In particular, I'm curious if it defines EOWNERDEAD and ENOTRECOVERABLE. Can someone who has access to 7.2 please check for me? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: topcat
1 Replies
fixdiv(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   fixdiv(3alleg4)

NAME
fixdiv - Fixed point division. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> fixed fixdiv(fixed x, fixed y); DESCRIPTION
A fixed point value can be divided by an integer with the normal `/' operator. To divide two fixed point values, though, you must use this function. If a division by zero occurs, `errno' will be set and the maximum possible value will be returned, but `errno' is not cleared if the operation is successful. This means that if you are going to test for division by zero you should set `errno=0' before calling fix- div(). Example: fixed result; /* This will put 0.06060 `result'. */ result = fixdiv(itofix(2), itofix(33)); /* This will put 0 into `result'. */ result = fixdiv(0, itofix(-30)); /* Sets `errno' and puts -32768 into `result'. */ result = fixdiv(itofix(-100), itofix(0)); ASSERT(!errno); /* This will fail. */ RETURN VALUE
Returns the result of dividing `x' by `y'. If `y' is zero, returns the maximum possible fixed point value and sets `errno' to ERANGE. SEE ALSO
fixadd(3alleg4), fixsub(3alleg4), fixmul(3alleg4), exfixed(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixdiv(3alleg4)