Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thread prog (core dump)
Top Forums Programming Thread prog (core dump) Post 302242039 by calv on Wednesday 1st of October 2008 04:05:58 AM
Old 10-01-2008
It's really a lot of work to read all that code. Do you think, you could isolate the error to a smaller program?

Also: I have never used shared memory in a multithreaded program. Why are you doing this? The threads share all their memory anyway.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

core dump

does any one have read a core dump? is there any reader for that? or may i know what is the use of that core which takes sometimes memory in GBs? :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

core dump

Hi , Working on AIX 4.3. An internal error from my apps engine suddenly causes the engine to die. During this time i do notice a core file being dumped in the directory from where I try to re-start my engine. Q is how does one read this core file, or I should say 'what is this core file'? thnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buRst
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Core dump in HP-UX..

Hi All I am new for this forum. I have a core file by using gdb and bt cmd I got the function name but I want to the exact cause of the core dump because of I can not reproduse the binary so if any one know the cmd plz plz plz let me know. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanusoni
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Core Dump

Hello all, Iam new to unix while executing java program which finely working in windows know iam testing with unix ,but in unix while executing iam getting core dump, my application is in client server environment and it is menu drivrn application on clicking options no problem but after some time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinp
1 Replies

6. Programming

core dump

how to view core dumped file using gdb and how to extract information from the coredumped file.can we get similar information from the other utilites like strace or ptrace. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manabhanjan
2 Replies

7. AIX

Core dump

Hi , I want to read core dump file on AIX5.3. While i am trying to use following commands, i am getting only few lines of information. ux201p3:e46123> dbx capsWrkstnMgr core Type 'help' for help. reading symbolic information ... Segmentation fault in malloc_common.extend_brk at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rps
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Core dump in HP-UX

Hi Guys, I was wondering if somebody could give me a link to a very good source of information or document about core dump process and How to's about it. I have also googled it and found some articles myself. Thanks Messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

9. Linux

Thread specific data from linux core dump

How do i get pointer to thread's local storage or thread specific data while analyzing core dump for linux ? i use pthread_setspecific to store some data in the pthread's local stoare. my multi threaded program on linux crashed, and i want to see what is stored in current running thread's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwasungal
2 Replies

10. Solaris

core dump

Hi guys, just want to know which core file pattern is best to set for core dumps: 1) per-process file name pattern or 2) global file name pattern. I will really appreciate an explanation why the chosen one is better. Thanks a lot guys. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies
pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared(3C)			   Standard C Library Functions 			 pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared(3C)

NAME
pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared, pthread_rwlockattr_setpshared - get or set process-shared attribute of read-write lock attributes object SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared( const pthread_rwlockattr_t *restrict attr, int *restrict pshared); int pthread_rwlockattr_setpshared(pthread_rwlockattr_t *attr, int pshared); DESCRIPTION
The process-shared attribute is set to PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED to permit a read-write lock to be operated upon by any thread that has access to the memory where the read-write lock is allocated, even if the read-write lock is allocated in memory that is shared by multiple processes. If the process-shared attribute is PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE, the read-write lock will only be operated upon by threads created within the same process as the thread that initialised the read-write lock; if threads of differing processes attempt to operate on such a read-write lock, the behaviour is undefined. The default value of the process-shared attribute is PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE. The pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared() function obtains the value of the process-shared attribute from the initialised attributes object ref- erenced by attr. The pthread_rwlockattr_setpshared() function is used to set the process-shared attribute in an initialised attributes object referenced by attr. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_rwlockattr_setpshared() function returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. Upon successful completion, the pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared() returns 0 and stores the value of the process-shared attribute of attr into the object referenced by the pshared parameter. Otherwise an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared() and pthread_rwlockattr_setpshared() functions will fail if: EINVAL The value specified by attr or pshared is invalid. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pthread_rwlock_init(3C), pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3C), pthread_rwlock_unlock(3C), pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3C), pthread_rwlockattr_init(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 23 Mar 2005 pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared(3C)