Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux kernel module parameters Post 302241417 by macL on Monday 29th of September 2008 09:26:52 AM
Old 09-29-2008
Thanks fpmurphy,

Yes, I found that for some modules. Unfortunately, it is not the standard behavior so not all modules have their parameters values there. Another thing that I found is that some modules print to the console their parameters values/configuration options and it is possible to see them after boot with dmesg. Fortunatelly this worked form me.
I am working with the igb driver, and need to know the status of the InterruptThrottleRate. dmseg prints a message saying it is off.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Making Socket System Call From Linux Kernel Module?

Hi Everyone! How can we make a socket() system call from a linux module executing in kernel space? If any one knows, kindly tell me. It will be great. I want to use the socket interface in linux kernel space for sending raw packets over the network. Hamayun (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mian_m_hamayun
0 Replies

2. SuSE

max number of slabs per kernel module (kernel 2.6.17, suse)

Hi All, Is there a max number of slabs that can be used per kernel module? I'm having a tough time finding out that kind of information, but the array 'node_zonelists' (mmzone.h) has a size of 5. I just want to avoid buffer overruns and other bad stuff. Cheers, Brendan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brendan Kennedy
4 Replies

3. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

4. Linux

kernel module parameters

Hi, if I install a module with specific parameter, will this parameters applied next time system boots? for exampe, I want to disable InterruptThrottleRate modprobe e1000e InterruptThrottleRate=0 Is this parameter apllied only for this run, or this module will always use this parameter when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shedon
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to display pid and other parameters of current process through kernel module ?

how to display pid and other parameters of current process in linux platform ? i know it can be done through a linux commmand ps -F but i want it done through kernel program thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
1 Replies

6. Programming

can a linux kernel module call libc functions?

can a linux kernel module call libc functions, such as printf(), strcpy(), etc...? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
9 Replies

7. Programming

Make cannot generate .ko linux kernel module

cannot generate .ko file on my linux, although it can generate module.symvers. But when I copy .c file and Makefile to another linux computer, there's no problem. The strange thing is: make is successfuly executed, and returned 0; make output: make -C /lib/modules/2.6.18-92.el5xen/build ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
4 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Linux: passing parameters to kernel modules

Hi, I need to set qlogic qla2xxx parameters in /etc/modprobe.conf (Oracle Linux Server release 5.7, almost equal to RedHat 5.7) two questions: how can I pass this parameters to the module while it is loaded (fibre channel luns are in use), if possible at all and how can I check the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Kernel parameters problem in Linux

please tell me the list of kernel parameters in RHEL 5.7 Because we've a requirement in one project. Also tell me the importance of eah kernel parameter if possible. ==Thanks in Advance==:):D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
1 Replies

10. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies
MODINFO(8)						       Linux Module Support							MODINFO(8)

NAME
modinfo - display information about a kernel module SYNOPSIS
modinfo [ options ] <module_file> DESCRIPTION
The modinfo utility examines the object file module_file associated with a kernel module and displays any information that it can glean. OPTIONS -a, --author Display the module's author. -d, --description Display the module's description. -fformat_string, --format format_string Let the user specify an arbitrary format string which can extract values from the ELF section in module_file which contains the mod- ule information. Replacements consist of a percent sign followed by a tag name in curly braces. A tagname of %{filename} is always supported, even if the module has no modinfo section. %{kernel_version} shows the version of the kernel the module was compiled for. %{using_checksums} expands to 1 is the module has versioned symbols and to 0 or <none> otherwise. A tagname of %{parm} is special: the format string line is repeated for each known module parameter (which may be zero times) and %{parm} is then replaced by descriptions of module parameters (one parameter on each repeated line). Alternatively, %a, %d, %l, %n and %p can be used instead of %{author}, %{description}, %{filename}, %{license} and %{parm}, respec- tively. -h, --help Display a summary of options and immediately exit. -l, --license Display the module's license. -n, --filename Display the module's filename. -p, --parameters Display the typed parameters that a module may support. -V, --version Display the version of modinfo. If no options are supplied, the default is filename, description, author, license and parameters. SEE ALSO
insmod(8), modprobe(8), depmod(8), rmmod(8), lsmod(8), ksyms(8), modules(2) Linux March 19, 2002 MODINFO(8)