Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configuring Printer with Printer Manager Post 302240529 by kumarmani on Friday 26th of September 2008 03:16:02 AM
Old 09-26-2008
Thanks Inc for the link, however no luck as ia m unable to get it working on my system. Will appreciate you further assistance.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printer problem & CRON Manager

I have a SCO OpenServer 5 running on a cosmetics store with two branches. I have a serial printer on one branch connected via a router with my server on a digiboard. The printer model is Brother M-4318 running as model epson. The point is that whenever I reboot the server it loses it's settings... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pappous
2 Replies

2. SCO

Configuring printer

Help! I have 2 PC running SCO 5.0.5. I need that the PC#1 prints in the printers formed in the PC#2 using remote impression. What I have to do to form it? Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diegoe
0 Replies

3. Solaris

configuring printer using lpadmin

Can some one tell me how to configure the printer on solaris printer name = A printer server address : 172.21.19.6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishan
3 Replies

4. AIX

Configuring Network Printer in IBM AIX

Hi, We have two IBM pSeires servers running IBM AIX. I want to configure the IBM servers to print on the network printer. Here is the following configuration IBM Server-I IP Add: 192.168.0.5 IBM Server-II IP Add: 192.168.0.6 Network Printer IP Add: 192.168.0.15 I'm new to IBM AIX OS.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berhanemt
0 Replies

5. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with configuring printer on Sun Solaris

I have tried and tried again, to get an HP 4700dn laserjet printer to work on a GI Sun Solaris BOX. I have gone through and added the Printer server and IP to the Host file in the /etc folder and also added the printer ip and printer name itself. when I go to print something the printer shows up in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kane4355
7 Replies

7. Linux

Find printer location and printer type

Hi, Is it possible to find the printer location and printer type (whether it is local or network) using command in Linux ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forumguest
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Dot matrix Printer configuring on Linux RHEL AS 5.1

Dear Experts, We have requirement to configure Dot matrix printer in linux, Also need to register in Oracle application R12.0.6 version where i need get the print in landscape format. Request you all kindly help on the same. Thank you, Alone. ---------- Post updated 02-18-14 at 01:02... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alone
6 Replies
LINKAT(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 LINKAT(2)

NAME
linkat - create a file link relative to directory file descriptors SYNOPSIS
#include <fcntl.h> /* Definition of AT_* constants */ #include <unistd.h> int linkat(int olddirfd, const char *oldpath, int newdirfd, const char *newpath, int flags); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): linkat(): Since glibc 2.10: _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 700 || _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200809L Before glibc 2.10: _ATFILE_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
The linkat() system call operates in exactly the same way as link(2), except for the differences described in this manual page. If the pathname given in oldpath is relative, then it is interpreted relative to the directory referred to by the file descriptor olddirfd (rather than relative to the current working directory of the calling process, as is done by link(2) for a relative pathname). If oldpath is relative and olddirfd is the special value AT_FDCWD, then oldpath is interpreted relative to the current working directory of the calling process (like link(2)). If oldpath is absolute, then olddirfd is ignored. The interpretation of newpath is as for oldpath, except that a relative pathname is interpreted relative to the directory referred to by the file descriptor newdirfd. By default, linkat(), does not dereference oldpath if it is a symbolic link (like link(2)). Since Linux 2.6.18, the flag AT_SYMLINK_FOLLOW can be specified in flags to cause oldpath to be dereferenced if it is a symbolic link. Before kernel 2.6.18, the flags argument was unused, and had to be specified as 0. RETURN VALUE
On success, linkat() returns 0. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The same errors that occur for link(2) can also occur for linkat(). The following additional errors can occur for linkat(): EBADF olddirfd or newdirfd is not a valid file descriptor. ENOTDIR oldpath is relative and olddirfd is a file descriptor referring to a file other than a directory; or similar for newpath and newdirfd VERSIONS
linkat() was added to Linux in kernel 2.6.16. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2008. NOTES
See openat(2) for an explanation of the need for linkat(). SEE ALSO
link(2), openat(2), path_resolution(7), symlink(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2009-12-13 LINKAT(2)