Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get File creation date. Post 302239600 by Jeevan Salunke on Wednesday 24th of September 2008 05:03:26 AM
Old 09-24-2008
Question How to get File creation date.

Hi All,

I need to get file creation date.

I have to access one file who's name is like...

abc.log092308

and the date changes as per current date. And i am accessing this file next day. meance in above case i will access above file on 09-24-2008

Also one problem is that this file in not created on Saturday and Sunday. so i cant use yesterday logic.

I am working on KSH.

Please suggest some code.

Thanks,
Jeevan S.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting the File Creation Date to a new format

I need to capture a file's creation/modification date and time and convert this to a different format, whilst I can easily get the existing format from a ls -l | awk ' { print $......}' or a cut command I do not know how to convert it to a desired format? I should add that at present the ls -l... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barney_clough
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file creation date including seconds

Hi, Is anybody can help me to get the file creation date with seconds? -rw-r--r-- 1 opsc system 422550845 Aug 22 15:41 StatData.20020821 Thanks in advance Krishna (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file creation date & time

Hi All, I have some files which are creates every day using a script. I want to create a log files which does write "filename,creation day and time" how can I do this ?? Alice (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying file names before a particular creation date

Hi!! I wanna display file names which are created before/after a particular date. I wud be glad if anybody can help me out in that. Thanx Dhruv (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhruv_saksena
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Creation Date to a Prespecified Date of a File In Unix

Dear Expert, Is there a command to do that in Unix? In such a way that we don't need to actually "write" or modified the content. -- monkfan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find creation date of file

Hi, I just need to know way of getting date of file when it was created. eg i have a file abc created on 23 aug. Now i need to know date of file i.e. 23 aug. How can i get that data. Thanks Sarbjit (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding creation date of a file

Hi, Can anyone tell me a process to find the creation date of a file in a directory. If suppose I have a file in a directory created in 2009 -rw-r--r-- 1 xyz guest 2480 Jul 16 2009 sample.txt The command should return the the file creation date as 16/07/2009 thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathich
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

How to get the file creation date with find command

Is it possible to find all files based on the date of creation? And if so, how? I've been looking at the find command but it seems that only modification times are used as an option. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add file creation date as new column

Hi , I have a requirement to append file creation date to each row in a file for all the files in a directory. Please help Thanks, Pavan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavan Ram B S
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to print file name and its creation date

Hello , I am looking for a script to print file name and its last updated time. FILE CREATION-TIME FILE-NAME 24/10/2017 12:34 TDR-IU-8-2017.10.24.07:40:00-2017.10.24.07:45:00 when we run l command it print the directory and the files with details like permission,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
1 Replies
curl_getdate(3) 						  libcurl Manual						   curl_getdate(3)

NAME
curl_getdate - Convert an date in a ASCII string to number of seconds since January 1, 1970 SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> time_t curl_getdate(char *datestring, time_t *now"); DESCRIPTION
This function returns the number of seconds since January 1st 1970, for the date and time that the datestring parameter specifies. The now parameter is there and should hold the current time to allow the datestring to specify relative dates/times. Read further in the date string parser section below. PARSING DATES AND TIMES
A "date" is a string, possibly empty, containing many items separated by whitespace. The whitespace may be omitted when no ambiguity arises. The empty string means the beginning of today (i.e., midnight). Order of the items is immaterial. A date string may contain many flavors of items: calendar date items This can be specified in a number of different ways. Including 1970-09-17, 70-9-17, 70-09-17, 9/17/72, 24 September 1972, 24 Sept 72, 24 Sep 72, Sep 24, 1972, 24-sep-72, 24sep72. The year can also be omitted, for example: 9/17 or "sep 17". time of the day items This string specifies the time on a given day. Syntax supported includes: 18:19:0, 18:19, 6:19pm, 18:19-0500 (for specifying the time zone as well). time zone items Specifies international time zone. There are a few acronyms supported, but in general you should instead use the specific realtive time compared to UTC. Supported formats include: -1200, MST, +0100. day of the week items Specifies a day of the week. If this is mentioned alone it means that day of the week in the future. Days of the week may be spelled out in full: `Sunday', `Monday', etc or they may be abbreviated to their first three letters, optionally followed by a period. The special abbreviations `Tues' for `Tuesday', `Wednes' for `Wednesday' and `Thur' or `Thurs' for `Thursday' are also allowed. A number may precede a day of the week item to move forward supplementary weeks. It is best used in expression like `third mon- day'. In this context, `last DAY' or `next DAY' is also acceptable; they move one week before or after the day that DAY by itself would represent. relative items A relative item adjusts a date (or the current date if none) forward or backward. Example syntax includes: "1 year", "1 year ago", "2 days", "4 weeks". The string `tomorrow' is worth one day in the future (equivalent to `day'), the string `yesterday' is worth one day in the past (equivalent to `day ago'). pure numbers If the decimal number is of the form YYYYMMDD and no other calendar date item appears before it in the date string, then YYYY is read as the year, MM as the month number and DD as the day of the month, for the specified calendar date. RETURN VALUE
This function returns zero when it fails to parse the date string. Otherwise it returns the number of seconds as described. AUTHORS
Originally written by Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com> while at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Later tweaked by a couple of people on Usenet. Completely overhauled by Rich $alz <rsalz@bbn.com> and Jim Berets <jberets@bbn.com> in August, 1990. SEE ALSO
BUGS
Surely there are some, you tell me! libcurl 7.0 5 March 2001 curl_getdate(3)