Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create a directory structure with getting input from a file. Post 302239242 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 23rd of September 2008 07:01:00 AM
Old 09-23-2008
Assuming you want to create the directories:

./activemq-4.1.2/
./activemq-4.1.2/
etc...

Code:
sed 's!\(.*/\).*!mkdir -p \1!' file | sh

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Create this file format structure

This data comes form the table and exported into the file in this format File1 Format weboffercode1,sourcecode1,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode2,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode1,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode3,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode3,1,1,1,1,1,1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enigma_83
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create tar archive without preserving directory structure?

I am adding some individual files to a tar archive and would like them to be added to the archive without any directory hierarchy, even though the files themselves exist in levels of hierarchy. Unfortunately, tar seems to always preserve the directory hierarchy when it adds the files. Here is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Special_K
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desire structure for input file

Hello Unix gurus, I have a txt file with single columns with n no of rows.like below COLUMN1 ======= AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH . . . NNN. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from input file with dir structure

hi, I want to copy files from source directory based on input file (or output of previous command) and i want to have the SAME DIRECTORY STRUCTURE. Note that i will have other files and directories which i dont want to copy to destination. For example, dir source has following content:... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
22 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find mv and create directory structure

Hi there, I'm trying to pull all my flacs out of my Music collection. I can do it with following command find b/ -name *.flac -exec mv {} flac/ \; which works great except it moves all the flac files to the flac folder. I want it to recreate the original folder the flacs were found in and mv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fistikuffs
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How we can create the master file through shell to show the tree structure of the directory?

Can we create the master file that show the whole tree structure of the directory till a particular folder? Database that contains four sub repository Sybase,sql,oracle,mysql and sql and oracle contains two subrepostories Siebel and plsql and each repositories contains three folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename last directory in a file structure

I have to write a script to rename the every last sub-directory in a directory structure if the last sub-directory name doesn't contain "submitted". eg: given directory path:/u01/home/somedir somedir can have many subdirectories and each subdirectory inturn has many subdirectories. somedir... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Directory structure

Hello ; ) again Now I have my file like this : DIR2/DIR3 DIR2 DIR2/DIR3/DIR4/DIR5 I am looking for help to create a loop that will create the directory structure. I need something like this : If "DIR2" does not exist > Create IF "DIR2" exist already > check if onther "DIR"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a flat file and directory structure

Hi All, is there any work around to generate the file and directory structure like below at left side at Output? and exclude all file except .abc .txt Current Directory structure |-------------files |---------------Share |-----------------dir1 |-----------------dir2... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: heros
11 Replies
create directory(1m)													      create directory(1m)

NAME
create directory - Creates a directory SYNOPSIS
cdscp create directory directory-name [clearinghouse clearinghouse-name] ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory The name of the clearinghouse in which you create the directory. DESCRIPTION
The create directory command creates a directory with the name that you specify. If you do not specify a clearinghouse, CDS creates the master replica of the directory in the same clearinghouse as the new directory's parent directory. Privilege Required You must have the following permissions in order to create a directory: read and insert permission to the parent directory; write permis- sion to the clearinghouse in which the master replica of the new directory is to be stored. In addition, the server principal must have read and insert permission to the parent directory. NOTES
To ensure that all replicas are consistent, perform an immediate skulk of the parent directory after issuing this command. This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command creates a directory named /.:/sales. cdscp> create directory /.:/sales RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: delete directory(1m), list directory(1m), set directory(1m), set directory to skulk(1m), show directory(1m) create directory(1m)