Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Creating an array to hold posix thread ids: Only dynamic array works Post 302238736 by kmehta on Sunday 21st of September 2008 08:24:33 PM
Old 09-21-2008
I get it.

Thanks a lot for your help. -- Kshitij

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a dynamic array in ksh

Hi, Is it possible to create a dynamic array in shell script. I am trying to get the list of logfiles that created that day and put it in a dynamic array. I am not sure about it. help me New to scripting Gundu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gundu
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MAX SIZE ARRAY Can Hold it

Hi, Do anyone know what's the max size of array (in awk) can be store before hit any memory issue. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: epall
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic Array Issue

Could one of you, please, provide some input regarding my problem below and it is as follows: I have 2 files that I need to make sure are identical before processing: First, I sort both files Second, I do a diff file1 file2 > File 3 This provides me with the difference. Now, I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddedic
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to hold string array in shell scripts

Gents, Below is the Shell script which I am trying to hold a string of array that is passed from a java file. But it is not working . Can any one please help me to by fixing it. #!/bin/csh/ set copy = ($argv) echo $copy >> /home/users/bavananr/rrr.log echo $copy >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brajesh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a dynamic array

i want to create an array the array elements are populated depending upon the number of entries present in a data file The data file is created dynamically how to achieve the same thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

6. Programming

array dynamic allocation

Hi, I have the following problem: i must allocate a dynamic array from a subroutine which should return such array to main function. The subroutine has already a return parameter so i thought of pass the array as I/O parameter. I tried the following program but it doesn't work (segmentation... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic index for array in while loop

Hi, I'm just trying to use a dynamic index for some array elements that I'm accessing within a loop. Specifically, I want to access an array at variable position $counter and then also at location $counter + 1 and $counter + 2 (the second and third array positions after it) but I keep getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: weak_code-fu
0 Replies

8. Programming

readdir and dynamic array memory corruption

Hi everyone I am developing an utility. At some part of it I read directory entries to a dynamic array: struct list It stores pointers to items: list.entries, which are structures: struct entry If a number of files in a directory is greater then number of elements an array was initially... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: torbium
11 Replies

9. Programming

Memory corruption in dynamic array of strings

I put together a C function to add strings to a dynamic array of strings (mostly for educational purpose to explain pointers to my kid). It works, but sometimes one or two strings in the array becomes corrupted. Running example on 64 bit Ubuntu, gcc ver. 4.8.4 Hope my code is self-explanatory: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a pseudo-array in dash, (POSIX).

Arrays in dash, (POSIX). Hi gurus... I am thinking of trying AudioScope.sh in pure POSIX so... I need an array in dash, I know it is not possible but pseudo-arrays are. I have two versions that work, the second is an idea from the WWW. The first is what I would like to use. There are... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
8 Replies
PCRE-CONFIG(1)						      General Commands Manual						    PCRE-CONFIG(1)

NAME
pcre-config - program to return PCRE configuration SYNOPSIS
pcre-config [--prefix] [--exec-prefix] [--version] [--libs] [--libs16] [--libs32] [--libs-cpp] [--libs-posix] [--cflags] [--cflags-posix] DESCRIPTION
pcre-config returns the configuration of the installed PCRE libraries and the options required to compile a program to use them. Some of the options apply only to the 8-bit, or 16-bit, or 32-bit libraries, respectively, and are not available if only one of those libraries has been built. If an unavailable option is encountered, the "usage" information is output. OPTIONS
--prefix Writes the directory prefix used in the PCRE installation for architecture independent files (/usr on many systems, /usr/local on some systems) to the standard output. --exec-prefix Writes the directory prefix used in the PCRE installation for architecture dependent files (normally the same as --prefix) to the standard output. --version Writes the version number of the installed PCRE libraries to the standard output. --libs Writes to the standard output the command line options required to link with the 8-bit PCRE library (-lpcre on many systems). --libs16 Writes to the standard output the command line options required to link with the 16-bit PCRE library (-lpcre16 on many systems). --libs32 Writes to the standard output the command line options required to link with the 32-bit PCRE library (-lpcre32 on many systems). --libs-cpp Writes to the standard output the command line options required to link with PCRE's C++ wrapper library (-lpcrecpp -lpcre on many systems). --libs-posix Writes to the standard output the command line options required to link with PCRE's POSIX API wrapper library (-lpcreposix -lpcre on many systems). --cflags Writes to the standard output the command line options required to compile files that use PCRE (this may include some -I options, but is blank on many systems). --cflags-posix Writes to the standard output the command line options required to compile files that use PCRE's POSIX API wrapper library (this may include some -I options, but is blank on many systems). SEE ALSO
pcre(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was originally written by Mark Baker for the Debian GNU/Linux system. It has been subsequently revised as a generic PCRE man page. REVISION
Last updated: 24 June 2012 PCRE 8.30 01 January 2012 PCRE-CONFIG(1)