Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem in opening UNIX file in Windows Post 302237810 by vanackpt on Thursday 18th of September 2008 12:03:06 PM
Old 09-18-2008
The unix file you are trying to open in a windows editor is probably one large line under windows.
The reason for this is that unix is only using a <CR> as line terminator and windows is using a <CR><LF> as line terminator.

There are some tools available like dos2unix and unix2dos under solaris.

Regards,
P

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

File Opening in C++ in Unix Env

Pls someone help me. This piece of code is giving me weird results. ofstream outfile; ofstream out; char filename1; char filename2; memset(filename1,'\0',sizeof(filename1)); memset(filename2,'\0',sizeof(filename2)); strcpy(filename1,"Testing1.out");... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skannan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Opening an Excel File in Unix

Hi all, I want to open an Excel file in Unix(ABC.xls) and copy one column of the file onto another text file (xyz.txt) .Please let me know if there is a way of going about to perform this operation. Thanks in Advance, bubeshj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubeshj
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening a Unix File in Windows.

Hi folks, I have a file in unix box as abc.xls and i have a file in windows box as abc_win.xls. Now if i open the file abc_win.xls which is in windows, i have to get the datas of the file abc.xls which is in unix. Everytime i opens the abc_win.xls file, the updated datas of file abc.xls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a439511
6 Replies

4. Linux

Opening a TXT file in LINUX / UNIX

Hey Friends, When I open (More <filename>) a big txt file in UNIX /LINUX it asks me to press any key to see remaining file. Can I see it in a stretch? I mean I jst want to let the contains of file scroll up completely. Is there any way out? Plz help. Thanx in advance Anushree. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

bat file opening multiple IE windows

I'm trying to open multiple IE windows and enter the same text and press <enter> on each. Here's an example with what I have so far. REM Open @echo on start http://10.1.1.1 ping 1.1.1.1 -n 5 -w 1000 >nul @echo password start http://10.1.1.2 ping 1.1.1.1 -n 5 -w 1000 >nul @echo password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pitt
2 Replies

6. Programming

Problem in opening a file!

Hello All, I am new to programming in unix. I am trying to create a file by using open command. The entire file is : #include<fcntl.h> main(void){ int fd; fd = open("File1", O_CREAT|O_WRONLY, S_IRUSR|S_IWUSR|S_IRWXO); printf("%d ", fd); } The problem I am facing a strange problem.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkn_1985
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening a Unix File with Mac OS X

Hi. I'm new to Unix and recently received Unix files via email. I downloaded those files but am unable to open them on my computer which uses Mac OS X. How do I open the files? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: michellemc
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with grep opening a file

Hello All, Here is my silly question on grep.. Here is my code.. DAY=$(date --date="yesterday" +%y.%m.%d) check "grep -h ' 404 ' /home/sathya/SystemOut.log /home/sathya/SystemOut_${DAY}*.log " Where check is alias which makes to run this command in all my Servers. When I execute... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xmllint - Xml-file problem --ods file not opening

Dear All, this is my first post on this Forum, glad to be here. I'm trying to fix an .ods file. Yes, I had a backup, but it's also corrupted. When opening the document I get this EM: read error format error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at 2,337040(row,col). So I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameslast
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

GZ file not opening in windows

I am zipping a file in unix and then sending it to windows. buyt when i try to open it with 7zip software. it throws an error FILE IS BROKEN (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
3 Replies
UNTITLED
LOCAL UNTITLED NAME
glutPopWindow -- Request to raise the current window to the top LIBRARY
OpenGLUT - window SYNOPSIS
#include <openglut.h> void glutPopWindow(void); DESCRIPTION
Request that the current window be brought to the top. A window can be in front of or behind other windows, as determined by the z-order from front to back. Top-level OpenGLUT windows can be placed at the front or back of the z-order by means of the glutPopWindow() and glutPushWindow() API functions. A z-order also applies to the subwindows of a top-level window. While the z-order of top-level windows can usually be adjusted by the user, subwindow z-order is controlled entirely by the application. If this has any effect on your window's visibility, you should receive a glutWindowStatusFunc() callback and a glutDisplayFunc() callback. CAVEATS
The z-order of top-level windows is ultimately managed by the windowing system. Therefore, a push or pop request by an OpenGLUT application may not necessarily succeed or take immediate effect. Not applicable to offscreen windows. SEE ALSO
glutCreateWindow(3) glutDisplayFunc(3) glutPushWindow(3) glutWindowStatusFunc(3) Epoch