Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IO Stats
Operating Systems AIX IO Stats Post 302237224 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 17th of September 2008 08:27:39 AM
Old 09-17-2008
Perhaps filemon?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display filename and wc stats

I'm just learning UNIX and I'm trying to do the following: Write a script called details.bash that, for each file in the working directory, prints the filename, the # of lines, and the # of words to to some output file, like this: filename1 73 431 filename2 5 21 It's probably a stupid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asianmike
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I/O Stats Metrics

What do others use for measuring I/O statistics? I'd like something versatile, as in being able to watch (like iostat, but easier to trend), generate load (like iozone, but more realistic), and perform somewhat generalized benchmarks (like bonnie, but more current.) It would scale from a few... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
0 Replies

3. AIX

system stats

I recieved this out put below soemhow. Unfortunatly I did not write down the command I used to get it. Can someone tell me what command I use to gather these stats? OS = AIX 5.3 64Bit System Model: IBM,7026-6H1 Machine Serial Number:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to update the stats

Hi, I am using the below shell script to update the webalizer stats: #!/bin/bash username='elogic1' domain='abcd.com' path_to_webalizer='/hsphere/shared/bin/webalizer' path_to_logs='/hsphere/local/home/elogic1/logs/abcd.com'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Stats in Php

So, I have a php program that i need to delete ALL files in a directory that are older than a certain age. <?php /* Get file stat */ $stat = stat('/apps/security/ajaba'); This is as far as I've been able to get. I know in shell programming you can easily do something like this. but I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build Stats out of output

Hi, I am required to build up a stats out of returned output. Something like given below. I would like first string in first column with a heading, and so on. Is there any way I could do it, while adding something after the command, or any other way. bash-2.05$ grep -i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
12 Replies

7. Linux

Stats on subdirectories

Please help me with a shell script to get the stats on many subdirectories (sub1), (sub2) etc under a mother directory (big) /big | |_______sub1 |_______sub2 |_______sub3 --------- I want to know 1. What is the last file accessed in each subdirectory with date and by whom 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digipak
2 Replies
SETEUID(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							SETEUID(2)

NAME
seteuid, setegid - set effective user or group ID SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> int seteuid(uid_t euid); int setegid(gid_t egid); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): seteuid(), setegid(): _BSD_SOURCE || _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200112L || _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 600 DESCRIPTION
seteuid() sets the effective user ID of the calling process. Unprivileged user processes may only set the effective user ID to the real user ID, the effective user ID or the saved set-user-ID. Precisely the same holds for setegid() with "group" instead of "user". RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EPERM The calling process is not privileged (Linux: does not have the CAP_SETUID capability in the case of seteuid(), or the CAP_SETGID capability in the case of setegid()) and euid (respectively, egid) is not the real user (group) ID, the effective user (group) ID, or the saved set-user-ID (saved set-group-ID). CONFORMING TO
4.3BSD, POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
Setting the effective user (group) ID to the saved set-user-ID (saved set-group-ID) is possible since Linux 1.1.37 (1.1.38). On an arbi- trary system one should check _POSIX_SAVED_IDS. Under libc4, libc5 and glibc 2.0 seteuid(euid) is equivalent to setreuid(-1, euid) and hence may change the saved set-user-ID. Under glibc 2.1 and later it is equivalent to setresuid(-1, euid, -1) and hence does not change the saved set-user-ID. Similar remarks hold for sete- gid(). According to POSIX.1, seteuid() (setegid()) need not permit euid (egid) to be the same value as the current effective user (group) ID, and some implementations do not permit this. SEE ALSO
geteuid(2), setresuid(2), setreuid(2), setuid(2), capabilities(7), credentials(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2009-10-17 SETEUID(2)