Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris cannot telnet/ftp to solaris machine by straight cable makes problem .. Post 302237041 by ron_yap2009 on Tuesday 16th of September 2008 10:52:25 PM
Old 09-16-2008
How come he can use serial to telnet into the machine?

I also confused?!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Telnet Problem with Solaris (SunOS 5.7)

Hi, I have been facing a telnet problem with our SunOS 5.7 box. Initially we were facing porblems in login both from the console as well as through telnet. The machine was hard-booted after which login from console is possible, but telnet connection is not. The error that is displayed is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj_gopal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Cable Modem on Irix Machine.

Ok I am new to this and wondering if there is any way of connecting a cable modem to an SGI that is running IRIX 6.5 and how to do it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Acidjack
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris 9 - Ftp problem

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with a Solaris 9, FTP problem. The problem is this. One of our scripts recently attempted to send files to a MS server, using FTP, and some error occurred. Because the script didn't trap for errors we didn't know about the problem until things started... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 9.0 (x86 on AMD Opteron) reboots after i FTP through Telnet

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 9 on on an AMD Opteron based server. The server is rebooting after i perform the following: - Logon to Solaris 9 AMD box through telnet or putty - ftp to any other box suppose box A where the FTP server is running - After logging in to the box A through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsvarma
1 Replies

5. Solaris

strange problem regarding zip/unzip from window to solaris machine

Hi , I faced a very strange problem when I unzip a zip file on my solaris workstation. Actually I wanted to transfer a folder, say it TEST which contains some sub-folders inside it from windows to solaris machine. So I zipped this folder to TEST.ZIP on my windows machine. Then from my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Kumar Arora
11 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

7. Solaris

installation problem solaris,windows,suse on same machine

Hi all, Previously I had both opensuse 11.3 and Windows XP SP2 on my PC, there was no problem at all.I was able to access all documents in Windows from opensuse. Now when I wanted to install solaris 10 on the same machine there were 2 problems ... 1. Windows is not accessible from solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
3 Replies

8. Hardware

Serial connection CAT5 instead of RS232 and Null Modem or Straight cable.

Hello, I want to connect a VT520 terminal to p3 linux box. I have two questions regarding the connection. First, is it possible to use RJ45 instead of RS232 cable. (with DB9 pin to RJ45 and DB25 to RJ45 converter). Second point is that; do i need null modem cable or straight cable... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP While transfering files to local machine to remote machine

Hi Am using unix Ksh Am getting the problem while transferring zero size files through the script . When i transfer zero size files from local machine to remote machine manually i can able to do it . My question its beause of zero size files am not able to transfer through script ? or its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to connect to Server machine from a client machine using ftp service

Hi, Could you please help me with the below issue.. I'm running RHEL6 OS on both server (192.168.0.10) and client machines (192.168.0.1). I'm trying to connect to server from the client machine using ftp service. I have installed vsftpd daemon on both the machines. I'm getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
4 Replies
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3pm)

NAME
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet -- Returns a pattern for telnet URIs. SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /URI/; while (<>) { /$RE{URI}{telnet}/ and print "Contains a telnet URI. "; } DESCRIPTION
$RE{URI}{telnet} Returns a pattern that matches telnet URIs, as defined by RFC 1738. Telnet URIs have the form: "telnet:" "//" [ user [ ":" password ] "@" ] host [ ":" port ] [ "/" ] Under "{-keep}", the following are returned: $1 The complete URI. $2 The scheme. $3 The username:password combo, or just the username if there is no password. $4 The username, if given. $5 The password, if given. $6 The host:port combo, or just the host if there's no port. $7 The host. $8 The port, if given. $9 The trailing slash, if any. REFERENCES
[RFC 1738] Berners-Lee, Tim, Masinter, L., McCahill, M.: Uniform Resource Locators (URL). December 1994. SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common::URI for other supported URIs. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.14.2 2010-02-23 Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3pm)