Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mount filetype error
Operating Systems Linux mount filetype error Post 302236760 by starlimac on Tuesday 16th of September 2008 09:37:03 AM
Old 09-16-2008
Maybe you can try this command

modprobe vfat

and then you can mount you FAT system again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

mount error

hi when i am trying to mount this newly created LV i get following error /#mount /bancs_cards Replaying log for /dev/lvbancscards. mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/lvbancscards on /bancs_cards: The media is not formatted or the format is not correct. /#lslv lvbancscards LOGICAL VOLUME: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Repositories with the *.dump filetype

I've a bunch of repository dumps that I need to include in my shell script to restore from the dump, but first I need to create the repositories first. How do I extract the names of the repository and removing the *.dump for use of the following line? bash-3.00$ ls andromeda.dump alias.dump... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lynxlee
4 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Grep for filetype starting with letter p

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Which files in /usr/bin whose names begin with “p” are python scripts? Store the numbered results in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alindner
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move files based on filetype and time created?

Hi, I'm trying to improve my Unix skills and I'm wondering what is the best way to move some files based on filetype and attributes like time created? For instance, lets suppose I have a directory with many different files in it and I'd like to move all the jpgs that were created between May... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LuckyTommy
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filetype conversion error (showing ascii instead of data)

Hi I have spool file data UTF file containing Header data footer when there is data my file type is UTF FORMAT. that is typing file file1.utf output is data but when there is no records of data if only shows Header and footer then the flletype is ASCII... why this happen? Pls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shenthil76
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting DOS filetype to UNIX

Hello folks I am working on a project that requires me to write a script that operates on a bunch of text files. When I try less file.txt I see a bunch of ^M's everywhere. Some Googling tells me that this is because the files have a DOS fileformat and found the following fixes: sed 's/^M$//'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving multiple filetype in a single loop

Hi, I am using the below code to move *.sh files to another directory. use File::Copy qw(move); while(<C:/Users/pandeesh/Desktop/*.sh>) { move $_,"C:/Users/pandeesh/Desktop/Projects"; } My requirement is i want to move *.sh,*.txt,*.xlsx,*.doc,*.pdf and *.epub files to the specified... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change everything in a file that maps to {module::name.filetype} to _modules/name/applicat

path = content.txt filename = application directory = _modules define create $(eval from := $(shell echo $$1)) \ $(eval to := $(shell echo $$2)) \ sed -i '' 's/$(from)/$(to)/g' content.txt endef all: clear $(eval modules := $(shell egrep -o "{module+\}" $(path))) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bmson
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add unique identifier from file to filetype in directory

I am trying to add a unique identifier to two file extensions .bam and .vcf in a directory located at /home/cmccabe/Desktop/index/R_2016_09_21_14_01_15_user_S5-00580-9-Medexome. The identifier is in $2 of the input file. What the code below is attempting to do is strip off the last portion... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
21 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mount error

hi , i need help in mounting NFS share on solaris 10, can i get some hehlp as i received this error " mount: mount point cannot be determined" i have done following 1. i am root user 2. Directory name as mount point already created 3. chmod 777 is applied on mount point 4. read write... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: janakors
6 Replies
DH_INSTALLMODULES(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLMODULES(1)

NAME
dh_installmodules - register kernel modules SYNOPSIS
dh_installmodules [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--name=name] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmodules is a debhelper program that is responsible for registering kernel modules. Kernel modules are searched for in the package build directory and if found, preinst, postinst and postrm commands are automatically generated to run depmod and register the modules when the package is installed. These commands are inserted into the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb(1). FILES
debian/package.modprobe Installed to etc/modprobe.d/package.conf in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify preinst/postinst/postrm scripts. --name=name When this parameter is used, dh_installmodules looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.modprobe instead of the usual debian/package.modprobe NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMODULES(1)