Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MX record for a subdomain
Special Forums IP Networking MX record for a subdomain Post 302236091 by h@foorsa.biz on Sunday 14th of September 2008 06:31:43 PM
Old 09-14-2008
MX record for a subdomain

Hi all,
I have problem regarding public subdomain delegation
i have created an A record for subzone in BIND on a machine running Solaris10 Sparc to point to another machine running win2k3 as follows
sub.domain.tld and www.sub.domain.tld now i want to add an MX record for mail routing for the win2k3 machine do i need to set up DNS server for the win2k3 if so how can i configure the records for the subzone on win2k3 machine
Thanks in advance for your help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

email account for subdomain (HOW-TO)

Hai i need to create an email account for subhost... I tried creating an unix user account... But the adduser (or) useradd command is not working in subhost login even when i entered with the root login of the subhost... If i create unix user account with root login of host, then the mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: collins
1 Replies

2. Linux

domain pointer for the subdomain

hi frnds. I have created a domain called mydomain.net i have added a subdomain tim.mydomain.net , cynthia.mydomain.net and harley.mydomain.net how could i add a domainpointer for these subdomains as well. So I can run jsp on it. Does any one have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naik_mit
0 Replies

3. Programming

how to know if a directory is normal one or subdomain?

there are 2 directiries under public_html directory: public_html/images public_html/pictures "images" is a normal directory (uploaded by ftp) and "pictures" is a subdomain (created in cPanel). if using cpanel, I know "pictures" is subdomain because it is displayed as subdomain in cpanel.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hello20009876
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find subdomain in url

I want to find out subdomains in the url using shell script. e.g narendra.eukhost.com abc.domainname.co.uk I want to extract narendra & abc from the above urls. Please any one can suggest idea or script ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrbhole
2 Replies

5. Solaris

subdomain name entry in DNS server

Hi all, I'm tying to add dns a A record to a dns server running on Solaris 10 on sun's SPARC machine i want to do the following add host name to point to an IP address for a machine running win2k3 both machines have real IPs and exposed to the internet where can i add the A records on DNS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep a subdomain

When I try to grep a subdomain having three dots("."), I am getting another fully qualified domain also that looks same as the sub domain but with hyphen("-") in the place of dot(".") I just need the first result. Please help me... grep abcd.efg.xyz.info /etc/named.conf zone... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: an00p
15 Replies

7. Red Hat

Set 'webmail' subdomain for all virtual domains

I'm trying to set 'webmail.' as a subdomain for all virtual domains on the server. The webmail domain will host roundcube, which is currently installed and accessible on '/roundcube'. I'm using CentOS6.3 and Apache web server 2.2.15 The following is my httpd.conf for RoundCube. It was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowweb
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Tld.subdomain.name.subname

Way back in the early dawn of the 'net, there were two competing notations for specifying a FQDN, the familiar name.subdomain.domain.tld (such as news.bbc.co.uk) and the reversed tld.domain.subdomain.name (uk.co.bbc.news). And if memory serves, only the UK used the latter style of FQDN for a period... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: derekludwig
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Subdomain is not working, debian, apache

Hi, I use debian jessie, apache. I am not allowed to post links here at this forum, I am new user. I made subdomain porodin.predicsasa.com and it is working, vhost file is porodin.conf in /etc/apache2/sites-available then I copied vhost file and made it hosting.conf, did a2ensite hosting and it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanford
5 Replies

10. IP Networking

Free subdomain to my IP Address and Static IP

Hi all, I would need to register a random free subdomain address and associate that to my IP Address. Any suggestion of a good service? Also I don't have a static IP but i remember that there are services that automatically reset the right IP address behind the subdomain but i don't remember... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tameto
1 Replies
mountd(8nfs)															      mountd(8nfs)

Name
       mountd - NFS mount request daemon

Syntax
       /etc/mountd [-i] [-d] [-s]

Description
       The daemon must be run on NFS servers to process NFS mount protocol requests.  It reads the file to determine which file systems and direc-
       tories are available to which machines and users, and makes this information available to the operating system.	The machine  names  listed
       in  the	file may optionally contain the local BIND domain name.  For more information on BIND, see the Guide to the BIND/Hesiod Service To
       see which clients have file systems or directories mounted, use the command.

Options
       -d If you are running the BIND/Hesiod service, after checking the Internet address, will verify that the host requesting a mount or unmount
	  is in the server's domain.

-i Turns  on  verification  of the Internet address of the client against the server's database for mounts and unmounts.  The default is no
	  address verification.

-s If you are running the BIND/Hesiod service, after checking the Internet address, will verify that the host requesting a mount or unmount
	  is in the server's subdomain.

See Also
       exports(5nfs), mount(8nfs), nfsd(8nfs), showmount(8nfs)
       Guide to the BIND/Hesiod Service

mountd(8nfs)