Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ip identification
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ip identification Post 302235960 by naushad on Sunday 14th of September 2008 01:02:06 AM
Old 09-14-2008
ip identification

how can i find my own ip address from unix. command like who -x .this would provide all the ip address but i need to list only current user ip address. who am i command does not display the ip.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

file identification

Can anyone identify what this file is for? 241436 Dec 17 16:29 dtdbcache_:0 Is it necessary? My system is at 94% and I am trying to clean / directory as much as possible. Any other files I can set to dev/null besides messages, and the wtmp and wtmpx? Please and Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnsalazar
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Field identification starting from the right

Hi all If I have lines in a file as follows :- /ora04/oradata/data1/data1.dbf /ora01/app/product/8.1.6/dbs/F1.Dbf /ora04/oradata/data2.dbf How can I select the last part of the line as my file name. Can I start from the right and define "/" as my delimeter ? Thx J (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in Users Identification ( TRU64 )

I'm looking for a script that allows me to export to CSV, the information I need. Somehow, I must gather the User ID, the User Login, the Last User Login, the Password complexity, the Password Age, The Expiration Date, . . . My experience is equal to very, very few. The only thing I have is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catfish
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

version identification

Hi Which command do i use to know which version of solaris am i working on?? thanks in advance regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knopix
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file identification

Can anybody tell me what are these files are and what do they do and if they are safe to delete. Thanks /var/cache/yum/base # ls -al total 44792 drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Sep 22 11:43 . drwxr-xr-x 10 root root 4096 Nov 18 2007 .. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Sep 22... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file identification

hi there, i have written the following simple lines: find $SCENE -name "*.xml" echo -n "Input the name of the image file to be read: " set im_name = ($<) i like to set the value for im_name automatically to the .xml, which was found by the first line without having to input it. the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameter identification problem

Hello everyone suppose i have a script which can take any no. of parameters and in any order then how can i identify a particular parameter at which position it is entered suppose i call a script with four parameter ./abc.sh a b c d in above calling a is called at no. 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iNode Usage Identification

Hi My SunOS alps 5.10 Generic_125100-05 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200 appears to have reached 100% util on its iNodes. # df -F ufs -o i Filesystem iused ifree %iused Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 4857202 14 100% / /dev/md/dsk/d20 1040 630640 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rob171171
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

USB Device Identification

In linux system when a pnp usb device is plugged in then how does the system gets a notification of it? I mean to say in linux usb system there is usb host controller above which is host controller driver above which is usb core. So does the host controller/usb core keeps on polling the usb bus... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Unicode identification using PERL or AWK

Hello, I have a large file in UTF8 format with around 200 thousand plus strings which have a large number of scripts (code-blocks/code-pages). I need to extract from the file only the following: All strings having basic Latin characters: 0021-007E All strings in the Devanagari range: 0900 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
3 Replies
IP-ADDRLABEL(8) 						       Linux							   IP-ADDRLABEL(8)

NAME
ip-addrlabel - protocol address label management SYNOPSIS
ip [ OPTIONS ] addrlabel { COMMAND | help } OPTIONS := { -V[ersion] | -s[tatistics] | -r[esolve] | -f[amily] { inet | inet6 | ipx | dnet | link } | -o[neline] } ip addrlabel { add | del } prefix PREFIX [ dev DEV ] [ label NUMBER ] ip addrlabel { list | flush } DESCRIPTION
IPv6 address label is used for address selection described in RFC 3484. Precedence is managed by userspace, and only label is stored in kernel. ip addrlabel add - add an address label the command adds an address label entry to the kernel. prefix PREFIX dev DEV the outgoing interface. label NUMBER the label for the prefix. 0xffffffff is reserved. ip addrlabel del - delete an address label the command deletes an address label entry in the kernel. Arguments: coincide with the arguments of ip addrlabel add but label is not required. ip addrlabel list - list address labels the command show contents of address labels. ip addrlabel flush - flush address labels the command flushes the contents of address labels and it does not restore default settings. SEE ALSO
ip(8) AUTHOR
Manpage by Yoshifuji Hideaki / iproute2 20 Dec 2011 IP-ADDRLABEL(8)