Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris RAID controller needed for SVM? Post 302235543 by Landser on Friday 12th of September 2008 06:16:23 AM
Old 09-12-2008
thanks, thats all i needed to know.
i just doubted if i needed any sort of HW raid support;

thanks again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How do you remove a RAID 5 under SVM?

I have this setup, i can only find docs to unmirror a raid 1 set, how do you get rid of a raid 5 set? the same way? metadetach and metaclear? d8: RAID State: Okay Interlace: 32 blocks Size: 142245693 blocks (67 GB) Original device: Size: 142247872 blocks (67 GB) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

2. SCO

driver needed for hp smartarry p200i sas raid controller

recently we have purchased hp proliant ml350 g5 server and configured raid 5 with hp smartarray p200i sas controller.but i could not found any sas raid controller hp smartarry p200i driver for sco unix 5.0.7 :(.i searched on hp support site,but no use.any one can help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakrithi
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How can i grow Raid 5 volume in SVM..?

Hello experts.. How can i grow Raid 5 volume in SVM? Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

linux server with raid controller card

I am planning on building a fedora box with raid controller (database server). Is anybody done that ? also what kind of software do you need to backup and recover data. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amir07
1 Replies

5. Hardware

Problem with External Raid Controller.

Hi, We have a Sunfire 4150 with On-Board Internal Raid Controller connected to 4 X 146 GB SAS disks. This also has an External Raid Controller (Storagetek Eight-Port, External HBA Model SG-XPCIESAS-R-EXT-Z) connected to a JBOD array ( Storagetek XTA2530 ) which has 5 X 300 GB Hard disk. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjansukumar
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Setting up bootblock on RAID 0 SVM

Hi All! I'm running Solaris 10 and SPARC and using Let me give a bit of background before asking my question: I have created a RAID 0 (stripe) on 2 disks, I have the OS running on a third disk and I have now performed a ufsdump / ufsrestore from my third disk to the RAID 0 disks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
7 Replies

7. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

8. AIX

Internal PCI X RAID Controller issue ?

Hello folks, Could someone tell me why I unable to create pdisks for a RAID Array # lscfg | grep scsi + sisscsia0 U787A.001.DPM0707-P1 PCI-X Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter + scsi0 U787A.001.DPM0707-P1-T10 PCI-X Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
12 Replies

9. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Separate HDD test using RAID controller

Hello, I am using Red Hat 2.6.23.1 with RAID 6 controller (card). (When I use "cat /proc/partitions" I do not see the separate HDDs in the RAID, I see one drive for the RAID itself, as it is considered 1 large drive.) I used a "dd" check to test my RAID drive speed and found it was a bit slow,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dbugy
7 Replies
IIR(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    IIR(4)

NAME
iir -- Intel Integrated RAID controller and ICP Vortex driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device scbus device iir Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): iir_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The iir driver claims to interface with the Intel integrated RAID controller cards, and all versions of the ICP Vortex controllers (including FC). HARDWARE
Controllers supported by the iir driver include: o Intel RAID Controller SRCMR o Intel Server RAID Controller U3-l (SRCU31a) o Intel Server RAID Controller U3-1L (SRCU31La) o Intel Server RAID Controller U3-2 (SRCU32) o All past and future releases of Intel and ICP RAID Controllers. o Intel RAID Controller SRCU21 (discontinued) o Intel RAID Controller SRCU31 (older revision, not compatible) o Intel RAID Controller SRCU31L (older revision, not compatible) The SRCU31 and SRCU31L can be updated via a firmware update available from Intel. SEE ALSO
cam(4), pass(4), xpt(4), camcontrol(8) AUTHORS
The iir driver is supported and maintained by Achim Leubner <Achim_Leubner@adaptec.com>. This manual page was written by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> and is based on information supplied by the driver authors and the website of Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
August 8, 2004 BSD