Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Questions for User Survey
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Questions for User Survey Post 302235191 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 11th of September 2008 10:32:04 AM
Old 09-11-2008
My two cents.

Most users feel that response time to a problem is very important. You need to work that concept in somewhere.

We use the heat system and send out a reponse/questionnaire kind of thing after each heat ticket is closed. Most postive comments relate to how fast it got fixed, most complaints are about how slowly it got fixed.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

results survey

Hi guys! I was wondering what the outcome was of your survey of a few months ago? One of the questions was if people were willing to pay for additional services like an own account, like username@unix.com with mail box, etc. Sorry if I missed the results if you had already posted them. Ivo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Questions

Hello all I have some questions, Im new on Solaris system, On a sun 450 I`ve installed Solaris 8, for practical purposes. I create my account, but when I try to use my account, I dont see my desktop, (graphical interfase) only appears a little like icon on the up letf corner, when I use root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Please Help with ComputerWeekly Survey, Thanks!

If you have two or three minutes to spare, can you help with this ComputerWeekly survey? They are evaluating our site, asking a few questions like how often you visit the forums, what do you like the most, what can we improve, etc. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. Programming

Questions about user authentication in my application

Hi, all, I am a newbie to linux authentication part. Questions below really puzzle me: How to authenticate users from local storage(passwd shadow) and nis server? (Without PAM) getpwnam_r() will return a '*' in the pw_passwd field of "struct passwd". I can parse /etc/shadow. But how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mythmgn
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New unix user questions

Hi all, New here with a few questions. I've been reading a few similar threads to this one, but wanted a fresh perspective. A little about my self. I'm doing telephone and internet connectivity support at the moment. Self studying to get my A+ certification. In my mind, I'm about a month... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazing ping
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

beginner scripting questions User variables

If there's anywhere to look this up, it would be just as helpful. I googled and really couldn't find anything relative to this. ok... General Variables 1) When creating a script I made a file "prog1.sh" does it matter if the end is .sh or is this what has to be done like prog.bash or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: austing5
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single User Mode Questions (mac)

Hello everyone. Completely new here (so if this post is in the wrong forum point me in the right direction), and fairly new to unix. I have a macbook pro and just recently started messing around with the Single User Mode, where i can manipulate directories/files/etc using unix. I have also just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsant894
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bashdb - new user basic questions

This may be too silly and definitely way to early to ask . I'll admit have read about 5% of documentation so far , but can you make bashdb to step thru the file "automatically" by setting some kind of timeout? and second how do you stop the process ? Is "quit" the only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annacreek
1 Replies
fixsub(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   fixsub(3alleg4)

NAME
fixsub - Safe function to subtract fixed point numbers clamping underflow. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> fixed fixsub(fixed x, fixed y); DESCRIPTION
Although fixed point numbers can be subtracted with the normal '-' integer operator, that doesn't provide any protection against overflow. If overflow is a problem, you should use this function instead. It is slower than using integer operators, but if an overflow occurs it will set `errno' and clamp the result, rather than just letting it wrap. Example: fixed result; /* This will put 4965 into `result'. */ result = fixsub(itofix(5000), itofix(35)); /* Sets `errno' and puts -32768 into `result'. */ result = fixsub(itofix(-31000), itofix(3000)); ASSERT(!errno); /* This will fail. */ RETURN VALUE
Returns the clamped result of subtracting `y' from `x', setting `errno' to ERANGE if there was an overflow. SEE ALSO
fixadd(3alleg4), fixmul(3alleg4), fixdiv(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixsub(3alleg4)