Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help with grep command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help with grep command Post 302235047 by Franklin52 on Thursday 11th of September 2008 04:44:28 AM
Old 09-11-2008
It should be something like:

Code:
op=`awk 'NR==3{print}' x2`
if [ "$op" -gt 0 ]; then
  echo "Output is greater then 0"
fi

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep command

What is the meaning of this grep -v $object grant_BU.sql>temp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: debasis.mishra
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command

hi all i have directory /usr under this directory i have subdirectories tmp1,tmp2,tmp3 like this /usr/tmp1 /usr/tmp2 /usr/tmp3 and so on i want to search string in files (i don't know the name of the files)and i want to serch it in all the directories under the /usr how shell i do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to exclude the GREP command from GREP

I am doing "ps -f" to see my process. but I get lines that one of it represents the ps command itself. I want to grep it out using -v flag, but than I get another process that belongs to the GREP itself : I would like to exclude # ps -f UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

can anyone help with shell script command about searching word with grep command?

i want to search in the current directory all the files that contain one word for example "hello" i want to achieve it with the grep command but not with the grep * (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aintour
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with using grep command with copy command

Hi, im taking an entry Unix class, and as part of my lab assignment I have to copy all files in the /home/david/lab3 directory that have the file extension .save to your lab3/temp directory. I'm having trouble getting the grep to do anything worth while I've been trying to do: cp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Critical jeff
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Command

Hi, I have around 500 Text files and Each file will be having either String1 or String2. I want to list the file only which has String1 and Sting2 in a single command.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balasubramani04
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on grep command...

Hi I have lots of file in on folder and i want to egrep from only few files. List of files...... Polt_KJ_430_OutputRBS_istUt_CR2.log Polt_KN_4122_OutputRBS_ncChk_CR.log Polt_LN_2230_OutputRNC_Hth_CLKLKL.log Solt_KJ_430_OutputRBS_istUt_CR2.log Solt_KN_4122_OutputRBS_ncChk_CR3.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command

grep -i -f panel_genes.txt hg19_refGene.txt > match.txt seems to be pulling names the do not exist in the input file (panel_genes.txt) - the output is attached as well (match.txt) For example, RNF185 or ZNF146 are not genes in the input. I am trying to match the input file genes only and am... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command giving different result for different users for same command

Hello, I am running below command as root user #nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch count" Memtable switch count: 12 Where as when I try to run same command as another user it gives different result. #su -l zabbix -s /bin/bash -c "nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pushpraj
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help on grep command

for example i have a directory home/solaris/unix/samplefiles/ with defaults files in it.. those default files have 1 word in common "UNIX". how can i list the files without "UNIX" words in it using grep command thanks, im using unix solaris, korn shell.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveaztig14
1 Replies
ECHO(3) 								 1								   ECHO(3)

echo - Output one or more strings

SYNOPSIS
void echo (string $arg1, [string $...]) DESCRIPTION
Outputs all parameters. echo is not actually a function (it is a language construct), so you are not required to use parentheses with it. echo (unlike some other language constructs) does not behave like a function, so it cannot always be used in the context of a function. Additionally, if you want to pass more than one parameter to echo, the parameters must not be enclosed within parentheses. echo also has a shortcut syntax, where you can immediately follow the opening tag with an equals sign. Prior to PHP 5.4.0, this short syn- tax only works with the short_open_tag configuration setting enabled. I have <?=$foo?> foo. PARAMETERS
o $arg1 - The parameter to output. o $... - RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 echo examples <?php echo "Hello World"; echo "This spans multiple lines. The newlines will be output as well"; echo "This spans multiple lines. The newlines will be output as well."; echo "Escaping characters is done "Like this"."; // You can use variables inside of an echo statement $foo = "foobar"; $bar = "barbaz"; echo "foo is $foo"; // foo is foobar // You can also use arrays $baz = array("value" => "foo"); echo "this is {$baz['value']} !"; // this is foo ! // Using single quotes will print the variable name, not the value echo 'foo is $foo'; // foo is $foo // If you are not using any other characters, you can just echo variables echo $foo; // foobar echo $foo,$bar; // foobarbarbaz // Some people prefer passing multiple parameters to echo over concatenation. echo 'This ', 'string ', 'was ', 'made ', 'with multiple parameters.', chr(10); echo 'This ' . 'string ' . 'was ' . 'made ' . 'with concatenation.' . " "; echo <<<END This uses the "here document" syntax to output multiple lines with $variable interpolation. Note that the here document terminator must appear on a line with just a semicolon. no extra whitespace! END; // Because echo does not behave like a function, the following code is invalid. ($some_var) ? echo 'true' : echo 'false'; // However, the following examples will work: ($some_var) ? print 'true' : print 'false'; // print is also a construct, but // it behaves like a function, so // it may be used in this context. echo $some_var ? 'true': 'false'; // changing the statement around ?> NOTES
Note Because this is a language construct and not a function, it cannot be called using variable functions. SEE ALSO
print(3), printf(3), flush(3), Heredoc syntax. PHP Documentation Group ECHO(3)