Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor Post 302234573 by Annihilannic on Wednesday 10th of September 2008 12:58:25 AM
Old 09-10-2008
If you are using an X-Windows environment of some sort then middle-click usually pastes into a terminal session.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI or text editor

Before I learned how wonderfull VI and Unix was. I used a little crappy DOS editor. I wouldn't go back to it for anything. However I work with a lot of formatted files that use the column position. I wonder if any here knows of a way to make VI display the cursors coulmn position or if there is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisg411
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text editor on Sun OS 3.0

I trying to setup a netranger security box. I don't know unix and went to view a filein the text editor. What is command to exit text editor. I tried esc q and ctrl q. HELP!!! STUCK IN TEXT EDITOR :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malic
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pico text editor

I was wondering if there is any way to get a version of pico for windows. I have done a lot of programming work on Linux/UNIX exvironments for school, and I enjoy using pico for my programming needs, but I find all of the text editors in windows horrible, they distort my code and do not adhere to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: popac
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text editor

I currently use konsole fo rmy terminal use. when i go into vi and type the letter t the stupied thing highlights the letter brown and it messes my thing up. Whereever i type the letter t it highlights in brown. Is there some way to change it. I dont know how this problem start. RH 8 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASpin
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to load text editor PICO

Hi... I was wondering if anyone has any step by step guide on how to load the UNIX text editor PICO onto the Sun box? Thanks :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atomicsushi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :Licen

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :License server is down (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

8. Programming

Text editor in C

Hi, I want to create a text editor in C on Unix. Can any1 jus tell me how to start with n wat all I have to look into if I have to write an editor.. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: julie_s
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any better text editor for unix?

Do you know any text editor (other than Gvim, which I am using) which is made specially for c type languages? The reason I ask for it is: I just spent 3 hours trying to find out start "if" and its end "if end".:wall: I hope there is an editor which can link each if with its closing endif . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Default text editor

Hi, sorry if something similar has already asked. But I am interested how to change default text editor on Unix Solaris? When I open File Manager -> Edit -> Properties.. -> Category (Advanced Settings) -> Default Editor (Other) I have something like: shelltool sh -c "sleep 3; vi $FILE"... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: spuzh
13 Replies
EVIM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   EVIM(1)

NAME
evim - easy Vim, edit a file with Vim and setup for modeless editing SYNOPSIS
evim [options] [file ..] eview DESCRIPTION
eVim starts Vim and sets options to make it behave like a modeless editor. This is still Vim but used as a point-and-click editor. This feels a lot like using Notepad on MS-Windows. eVim will always run in the GUI, to enable the use of menus and toolbar. Only to be used for people who really can't work with Vim in the normal way. Editing will be much less efficient. eview is the same, but starts in read-only mode. It works just like evim -R. See vim(1) for details about Vim, options, etc. The 'insertmode' option is set to be able to type text directly. Mappings are setup to make Copy and Paste work with the MS-Windows keys. CTRL-X cuts text, CTRL-C copies text and CTRL-V pastes text. Use CTRL-Q to obtain the original meaning of CTRL-V. OPTIONS
See vim(1). FILES
/usr/share/vim/vim72/evim.vim The script loaded to initialize eVim. AKA
Also Known As "Vim for gumbies". When using evim you are expected to take a handkerchief, make a knot in each corner and wear it on your head. SEE ALSO
vim(1) AUTHOR
Most of Vim was made by Bram Moolenaar, with a lot of help from others. See the Help/Credits menu. 2002 February 16 EVIM(1)