Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sampling and Binning- Engineering problem Post 302232602 by Needhelp2 on Thursday 4th of September 2008 10:21:16 PM
Old 09-04-2008
hi era,

i found the problem.

the division by zeor error is happening
if the first row - "Event" is NOT equal to "A" , this is after sorting.

also you get an error if there are any blank lines at the end of the file.

any suggestion on how solve this.

thanks

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trimming and binning rows

I could not find this on the search.. I want to know how to trim a row so lets say I have a file that looks like this: bob 88888888888888 and I want to trim column 2 (lets say 4 off the front and end) bob 888888 Also, how would I bin column 2 Lets so I want to add and average... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

data sampling

I have a requirement where I have multiple flat file sources. I need to create sample data from each source. Example: Source 1 has 10 flat files-- member, transaction,item,email,....etc Now if I get any 10 records (say first 10 records) from the member flat file, I need to find those matching... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrivederci
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binning rows while skipping the first column

Hi I have a file that I want to bin. I am using this code: awk -F'\t' -v r=40 '{for(i=r;i<=NF;i+=r){for(j=0;j<r;j++){sum+=$(i-j)}printf "%s ", sum/r;sum=0}; printf "\n"}' file1 > file2 So basically what this code does is that it will averaging every 40 columns (creating bins of 40). But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sampling pcap file

Hi, I have a standard pcap file created using tcpdump. The file looks like 06:49:36.487629 IP 202.1.175.252 > 71.126.222.64: ICMP echo request, id 52765, seq 1280, length 40 06:49:36.489552 IP 192.120.148.227 > 71.126.222.64: ICMP echo request, id 512, seq 1280, length 40 06:49:36.491812 IP... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajal.bhatia
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in binning the data

hi i have some data like this input: 1 apples oranges 234 2 oranges apples 2345 3 grapes bananas 1000000 4 melons banans 10000000 5 bananas apples 5000000 6 mangoes banans 2000000 7 apples bananas 1999999 i want to put all those which are coming between 1 and 999999 in to one bin... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot 3d binning

Hello I have a text file with tens of thousands of rows The format is x y where both x and y can be anything between -100 and +100. What I would like to do is have a 3d gnuplot where there are 10,000 squared or bins and each bin will count how many rows have a value that would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garethsays
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)