Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris forceload of drv/qus & drv/qlc failed Post 302229926 by Sun_Fire on Thursday 28th of August 2008 06:51:22 AM
Old 08-28-2008
I unplugged the cable from one port, to another, and back.

I have just checked the /etc/system file and found the two forceload comands... This is obviously where the forceload issue is occuring although further investigation seems that this is not causing the boot loop.

The last message to flash up before a the system reboots is that root can't be mounted - this is pretty quick and I wasn't able to see it before.

There is obviously something more wrong than initially anticipated. I will continue investigations and update any progress.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rm & mv command failed due to too many files.

In our directory there are too many files, & if I try to execute mv *.gz or rm *.l command it fails, providing error string as - 'arg list too long'. This doesnt happen always, is there any way we know, limit on the rm & mv command so we can take care of this failure in future executions ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
9 Replies

2. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie Qus?

Hi All, I am new to Unix. I want to install Unix in my computer. Can I partition the hard drive and create a Unix operating system? I have 2 PC's running Win Server & Win XP. But I have enough disk space. Or do I need another PC? Where can I download Unix from? Where can I find a FAQ about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaz444
1 Replies

4. Solaris

/etc/system forceload set order

hi, Did try to search Sun site but couldn't find relevant results, so allow me to ask: Do I need to put the set after forceload in /etc/system or can I put the set anywhere in the file? (Using Solaris 10) Any ways to find out if the variables are set using command line? Does prtconf print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: doraemon8
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace & with & xml file

Hello All I have a xml file with many sets of records like this <mytag>mydata</mytag> <tag2>data&</tag2> also same file can be like this <mytag>mydata</mytag> <tag2>data&</tag2> <tag3>data2&amp;data3</tag3> Now i can grep & and replace with &amp; for whole file but it will replace all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokaish23
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace & sign to &amp word

Hi, I have text file abc.txt. In this file, I have the following data. Input: Mr Smith &amp Mrs Smith Mr Smith &apos Mrs Smith Mr Smith & Mrs Smith Mr Smith& Mrs Smith Mr Smith &Mrs Smith Output: Mr Smith &amp Mrs Smith Mr Smith &apos Mrs Smith Mr Smith &amp Mrs Smith Mr Smith&amp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 6.1 New SP&TL 6.1.8.0 upgrade failed

Hello Team, Hope all doing well. I have tried to upgrade on of my AIX box too the latest SP and TL, but unfortunately it's got failed(Details are below). Need expert help to fix this. Before up-gradation : root@# oslevel -s 6100-07-01-1141 root@# instfix -i | grep ML All... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies
PLYMOUTH(1)							   User Commands						       PLYMOUTH(1)

NAME
plymouth - Send commands to plymouthd SYNOPSIS
plymouth [OPTION...] plymouth COMMAND [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
The plymouth sends commands to a running plymouthd. This is used during the boot process to control the display of the graphical boot splash. OPTIONS
The following options are understood. These options are supported for compatibility with the old rhgb-client interface, and have been replaced by the commands that are described in the next section. --help Show summary of options. --debug Enable verbose debug logging. --get-splash-plugin-path Get directory where splash plugins are installed. --newroot=[STRING] Tell plymouthd that the new root filesystem is mounted. --quit Tell plymouthd to quit. --ping Check if plymouthd is running. --has-active-vt Check if plymouthd has an active vt. --sysinit Tell plymouthd root filesystem is mounted read-write. --show-splash Show the splash screen. --hide-splash Hide the splash screen. --ask-for-password Ask the user for a password. --ignore-keystroke=[STRING] Remove sensitivity to a keystroke. --update=[STRING] Tell plymouthd an update about boot progress. --details Tell plymouthd there were errors during boot. --wait Wait for plymouthd to quit. COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: change-mode OPTION Change the operation mode. --boot-up Start the system up --shutdown Shutting the system up --updates Applying updates system-update OPTION Tell plymouthd about boot progress. --progress=INTEGER The percentage progress of the updates update OPTION Tell plymouthd about boot status changes. --status=STRING Tell plymouthd the current boot status update-root-fs OPTION Tell plymouthd about root filesystem changes. --new-root-dir=STRING Root filesystem is about to change --read-write Root filesystem is no longer read-only show-splash Tell plymouthd to show splash screen. hide-splash Tell plymouthd to hide splash screen. ask-for-password OPTION Ask the user for a password. --command=STRING Command to send password to via standard input --prompt=STRING Message to display when asking for password --number-of-tries=INTEGER Number of times to ask before giving up (requires --command) --dont-pause-progress Don't pause boot progress bar while asking ask-question Ask the user a question. --command=STRING Command to send the answer to via standard input --prompt=STRING Message to display when asking the question --dont-pause-progress Don't pause boot progress bar while asking display-message OPTION Display a message. --text=STRING The message text hide-message OPTION Hide a message. --text=STRING The message text watch-keystroke OPTION Become sensitive to a keystroke. --command=STRING Command to send keystroke to via standard input --keys=STRING Keys to become sensitive to ignore-keystroke OPTION Remove sensitivity to a keystroke. --keys=STRING Keys to remove sensitivitiy from pause-progress Pause boot progress bar. unpause-progress Unpause boot progress bar. report-error Tell plymouthd there were errors during boot. deactivate Tell plymouthd to deactivate. reactivate Tell plymouthd to reactivate. quit OPTION Tell plymouthd to quit. --retain-splash Don't explicitly hide boot splash on exit SEE ALSO
grub(8), plymouth(8), plymouthd(8), http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Plymouth plymouth PLYMOUTH(1)