Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl Exception - $!,$?,$@
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Exception - $!,$?,$@ Post 302229449 by era on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 03:52:35 AM
Old 08-27-2008
My guess is that the misplaced comma in your third segment is causing the error to be lost. You probably mean die "Can't ftp the file: $!" rather than (die "Can't ftp the file"), $! which is what your code currently seems to do, if I managed to get the precedence right.

Where in your code is there a reference to Local file test2.log? Is that the file you are attempting to upload? (What's the value of $filename?)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

exception handling

Does exception handling exist in any UNIX enviornment? I develop on Windows MSVC++ land and need to port to UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RichardS
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RPC Exception - Help

Hi, I am trying to use swremove to remove some old software packages before an upgrade. I keep getting the same error below. I have restarted swagent, i have killed the swagent process and started it, and I have restarted the entire system. I have now run out of ideas. Anyone know what the problem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Help with RPC Exception

Hi, I am trying to use swremove to remove some old software packages before an upgrade. I keep getting the same error below. I have restarted swagent, i have killed the swagent process and started it, and I have restarted the entire system. I have now run out of ideas. Anyone know what the problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to catch the exception

Dear friends, I am transferring some files to a windows system from Unix m/c thru FTP Script given below. echo "open $host quote USER $userid quote PASS $pwd $verbose $type cd $dir bin put $file close quit"|$ftp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
0 Replies

5. Linux

MMU exception

I hope to post in the right forum, otherwise I apologize for this. if a MMU exception is caused by a process which tries to access to other memory segment (out of its own address space) what the kernel does in this case ? maybe kernel kills the "bad" process ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exception handling

Sometimes when I try to use curl to upload to an ftp server, I get the message: $curl -T file.wmv ftp.eu.filesonic.com --user user:password curl: (8) Got a 421 ftp-server response when 220 was expected How do I get the script to try again if I get the message curl: (8)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

7. Programming

Exception Handling C++

Hello All, I have a question ....which I am totally confused about! If I have a fxn foo in a program which returns a logical value. But it has a posssiblity to throw some exception. Now my exception handler returns a value as a string stating why the exception occured. But my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mind@work
1 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris 7 exception

Hi all, An application works well under 2.6 but under 7 it gives TEXT_IO exceptions. (Is_Open, Check_Is_Open, Get_Line procedures). Any idea? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: endoavour
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re: exception using AWK

I have following file: NAME=ora.DG1.svc TYPE=ora.service.type CARDINALITY_ID=1 TARGET=ONLINE STATE=ONLINE NAME=ora.orlene.DG2.svc TYPE=ora.service.type CARDINALITY_ID=1 TARGET=ONLINE STATE=OFFLINE NAME=ora.MN.acfs TYPE=ora.registry.acfs.type TARGET=ONLINE (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcc50886
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor logs for exception and if exception come then sent an email

Hi Folks, please advise , I have logs generated on unix machine at location /ops/opt/aaa/bvg.log , now sometimes there come exception in these logs also, so I want to write such a script such that it should continuously monitor these logs and whenever any exception comes that is it try to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
3 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)