Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Restore previous update w/o multibos Post 302229403 by itik on Tuesday 26th of August 2008 09:57:22 PM
Old 08-26-2008
I mean, without multibos, how do you restore from the previous state?

If I have 5.3 TL7 sp2 and I update it to 5.3 TL7 sp4 and something goes wrong with my application. How do I go back to 5.3 TL7 sp2? Re-install 5.3 TL7 sp2, that's it. Or restore from backup.

My problem with multibos is that the /usr is already full and there's no more room to increase IT and I have no budget until next year. So I can't use multibos on my OS.

I hope this clear now and my apology for unclear question!

Thanks again and more power!

Last edited by itik; 08-26-2008 at 11:25 PM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

multibos and hacmp

Hi All, Is multibos and hacmp compatible? Anyone who have work/experience with both technology. Thanks for any idea. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

2. AIX

multibos with aix53 hacmp45

Hi All, Is multibos really needed on each sp update on a hacmp config? Is someone using it? I have an up coming update and I don't have time to understand this technology. Does SP update might screw you up and you can't restore properly from it? Thanks for any idea in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. AIX

mksysb restore - Wrong OS level for restore

Hi all, I am still working on my mksysb restore. My latest issue is during an alt_disk_install from tape I got the following error after all the data had been restored. 0505-143 alt_disk_install: Unable to match mksysb level 5.2.0 with any available boot images. Please correct this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restore system to previous time

Is there a way to restore the system to a previous point in time, like a few hours ago, or just a day? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: droidus
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove previous line if next & previous lines have same 4th character.

I want to remove commands having no output. In below text file. bash-3.2$ cat abc_do_it.txt grpg10so>show trunk group all status grpg11so>show trunk group all status grpg12so>show trunk group all status GCPKNYAIGT73IMO 1440 1345 0 0 94 0 0 INSERVICE 93% 0%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
4 Replies
bup-restore(1)						      General Commands Manual						    bup-restore(1)

NAME
bup-restore - extract files from a backup set SYNOPSIS
bup restore [--outdir=outdir] [-v] [-q] DESCRIPTION
bup restore extracts files from a backup set (created with bup-save(1)) to the local filesystem. The specified paths are of the form /branch/revision/path/to/file. The components of the path are as follows: branch the name of the backup set to restore from; this corresponds to the --name (-n) option to bup save. revision the revision of the backup set to restore. The revision latest is always the most recent backup on the given branch. You can dis- cover other revisions using bup ls /branch. /path/to/file the original absolute filesystem path to the file you want to restore. For example, /etc/passwd. Note: if the /path/to/file is a directory, bup restore will restore that directory as well as recursively restoring all its contents. If /path/to/file is a directory ending in a slash (ie. /path/to/dir/), bup restore will restore the children of that directory directly to the current directory (or the --outdir). If the directory does not end in a slash, the children will be restored to a subdirectory of the current directory. See the EXAMPLES section to see how this works. OPTIONS
-C, --outdir=outdir create and change to directory outdir before extracting the files. -v, --verbose increase log output. Given once, prints every directory as it is restored; given twice, prints every file and directory. -q, --quiet don't show the progress meter. Normally, is stderr is a tty, a progress display is printed that shows the total number of files restored. EXAMPLE
Create a simple test backup set: $ bup index -u /etc $ bup save -n mybackup /etc/passwd /etc/profile Restore just one file: $ bup restore /mybackup/latest/etc/passwd Restoring: 1, done. $ ls -l passwd -rw-r--r-- 1 apenwarr apenwarr 1478 2010-09-08 03:06 passwd Restore the whole directory (no trailing slash): $ bup restore -C test1 /mybackup/latest/etc Restoring: 3, done. $ find test1 test1 test1/etc test1/etc/passwd test1/etc/profile Restore the whole directory (trailing slash): $ bup restore -C test2 /mybackup/latest/etc/ Restoring: 2, done. $ find test2 test2 test2/passwd test2/profile SEE ALSO
bup-save(1), bup-ftp(1), bup-fuse(1), bup-web(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-restore(1)