Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Restore previous update w/o multibos Post 302229403 by itik on Tuesday 26th of August 2008 09:57:22 PM
Old 08-26-2008
I mean, without multibos, how do you restore from the previous state?

If I have 5.3 TL7 sp2 and I update it to 5.3 TL7 sp4 and something goes wrong with my application. How do I go back to 5.3 TL7 sp2? Re-install 5.3 TL7 sp2, that's it. Or restore from backup.

My problem with multibos is that the /usr is already full and there's no more room to increase IT and I have no budget until next year. So I can't use multibos on my OS.

I hope this clear now and my apology for unclear question!

Thanks again and more power!

Last edited by itik; 08-26-2008 at 11:25 PM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

multibos and hacmp

Hi All, Is multibos and hacmp compatible? Anyone who have work/experience with both technology. Thanks for any idea. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

2. AIX

multibos with aix53 hacmp45

Hi All, Is multibos really needed on each sp update on a hacmp config? Is someone using it? I have an up coming update and I don't have time to understand this technology. Does SP update might screw you up and you can't restore properly from it? Thanks for any idea in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. AIX

mksysb restore - Wrong OS level for restore

Hi all, I am still working on my mksysb restore. My latest issue is during an alt_disk_install from tape I got the following error after all the data had been restored. 0505-143 alt_disk_install: Unable to match mksysb level 5.2.0 with any available boot images. Please correct this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restore system to previous time

Is there a way to restore the system to a previous point in time, like a few hours ago, or just a day? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: droidus
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove previous line if next & previous lines have same 4th character.

I want to remove commands having no output. In below text file. bash-3.2$ cat abc_do_it.txt grpg10so>show trunk group all status grpg11so>show trunk group all status grpg12so>show trunk group all status GCPKNYAIGT73IMO 1440 1345 0 0 94 0 0 INSERVICE 93% 0%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
4 Replies
IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)						  iptables 1.6.1					       IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)

NAME
iptables-restore -- Restore IP Tables ip6tables-restore -- Restore IPv6 Tables SYNOPSIS
iptables-restore [-chntv] [-M modprobe] [-T name] [file] ip6tables-restore [-chntv] [-M modprobe] [-T name] [file] DESCRIPTION
iptables-restore and ip6tables-restore are used to restore IP and IPv6 Tables from data specified on STDIN or in file. Use I/O redirection provided by your shell to read from a file or specify file as an argument. -c, --counters restore the values of all packet and byte counters -h, --help Print a short option summary. -n, --noflush don't flush the previous contents of the table. If not specified, both commands flush (delete) all previous contents of the respec- tive table. -t, --test Only parse and construct the ruleset, but do not commit it. -v, --verbose Print additional debug info during ruleset processing. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-restore will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -T, --table name Restore only the named table even if the input stream contains other ones. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> wrote iptables-restore based on code from Rusty Russell. Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-restore. SEE ALSO
iptables-apply(8),iptables-save(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)