Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script to get file size
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to get file size Post 302228092 by redoubtable on Friday 22nd of August 2008 06:30:39 PM
Old 08-22-2008
You want to ls -l *.txt in several servers? Is that it? Do the servers have ssh?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

testing for file size in script

Has anyone got a few tips on how I can test if the file size is 0? I am moving files on a regular basis from one location to another with ftp. The files which are 0 bytes in size we want to discard. Thankyou in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ivo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get file size in c shell script?

Hi, I want to use an 'if statement' that will check if a certian file is greater in size than a certain value given by the user, but cannot get it to work. Do you have any ideas how this can be done? Your help is appreciated! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dado
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file size script

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will send an email to me if the size of a folder is below a certain amount. Does anyone know how to write the if (size < 1000) statement. I know how to send the email? I just need the code for determing a folder size. Thanks, Eric (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare file size from a output file from a script

Hi guys, firstly I'm working on SunOS 5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 I've made a script to compress two directory and then send them to an other server via ftp. This is working very well. Inside theis script I decide to log usefull data for troubleshooting in case of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moustik
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file system size

Dears, the output of this command df -h | tr -s ' ' | cut -f5 -d' ' is capacity 24% 0% 0% 0% 0% 1% 0% 24% 24% 0% 93% 1% (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to make the file size 0 with the mentioned script

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for getting the file size

Hi can some one please help me how i can get the output i require: My text file "sample.txt" contains the text like below Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/vg_fedora-lv_root 15G 2.6G 12G 19% /hari Filesystem Size ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harimhkr
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file based on file size in Korn script

I need to split a file if it is over 2GB in size (or any size), preferably split on the lines. I have figured out how to get the file size using awk, and I can split the file based on the number of lines (which I got with wc -l) but I can't figure out how to connect them together in the script. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssemple2000
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script - File Size

I have a bash script. I need a modification for safety. my original bash script: mv /home/script/backup /home/script/backup2 mysql -u user -ppassword -Ddatabase --batch --skip-column-names -e 'select id, url from videos where url like "%http%" limit 1' | while read id url do youtube-dl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tara123
1 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--exec=script] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 SIEVESHELL(1)