Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo top in batch mode, cpu info is wrong Post 302226972 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 20th of August 2008 09:08:15 AM
Old 08-20-2008
Your output has 2 sections beginning with the word top and we want to print the second one.
After we met the second top i has the value 2.
i==2 is a condition here for awk, if it's true awk print the record per default so awk begins to print after we've reach the second top.
i==2 is similar to {if i == 2 {print $0}}

Have a read of an awk tutorial, you can find some links here:

https://www.unix.com/answers-frequent...tutorials.html

Hope this helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help ! How to get elm to send multiple attachments - in batch mode

From a program, I want to execute a UNIX elm command that will send multiple txt attachment files to an email address. I can do it for one attachment only ie. "elm -s"subject" emailaddress < attachment.txt" 1. The attachment is received in the body of the email and not as an attachment. 2. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anarvan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

su command in batch mode

Hi, how do we change user in a shell script- batch mode. Thanks, Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Gohad
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH in batch mode and File-Handles in a loop

Hi all I try to execute SSH commands on several hosts in a while-loop. There seems to be a problem with file-handle, first cycle works correct but no other one will follow due to the while condition is false even that there are many more host entries (lines) in all_hosts.dat. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaveCutler
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sftp in Batch Mode

Hi, I am trying to do sftp a file from one server to another solaris server. Both are sftp enabled. I have generated the rsa key in local server and did a ftped the public key to the remote server and added that in the authorization keys file. Then i try to run the below command using a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaemn
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

6. AIX

Need a list of top 10 CPU using processes (also top 10 memory hogs, separately)

Okay, I am trying to come up with a multi-platform script to report top ten CPU and memory hog processes, which will be run by our enterprise monitoring application as an auto-action item when the CPU and Memory utilization gets reported as higher than a certain threshold I use top on other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run VI in batch mode

Hi how do I use vi to do change some strings in a shell script loop 1. Run ls first, for each file that contains the word salesreport*.txt, do the following 2. use vi to run the following ex command : "1,$s/1975/1945/ig, wq" Please tell me how to do this in vi, not sed. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

how to run glance over ssh in batch mode

Hello; Is it possible to run glance over ssh in batch mode ?? Similar to running " top -f " command over ssh.. Need to get glance output for specific pids Thnx very much (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP in batch mode

HI, Need to ftp a bunch of files in a directory in batch mode. TRying to ftp a single file first with below code. #!/bin/ksh function ftp_files { ftp -n ${D2_SRVR} <<-EOF quote user ${D2_UID} quote pass ${D2_PWD} cd ${D2_DIR}/${D2_NAME} lcd ${D1_DIR}/${D1_NAME}/dml/ put file1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvsanthosh
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

tftp batch mode within bash script

Hi, I put the necessary tftp commands into a batch file and I can run tftp by $ tftp < tftpbatchscript in bash command line and then successfully exit. Now, I want to put a line which does the same thing above. However, when I put this line into a bash script, the lines below this line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yildiz.a
1 Replies
xrestop(1)						      General Commands Manual							xrestop(1)

NAME
xrestop - monitor server resources used by X11 clients SYNOPSIS
xrestop -help xrestop [ -display display ] [ --batch ] [ --delay-time seconds ] DESCRIPTION
Xrestop uses the X-Resource extension to provide 'top'-like statistics of each connected X11 client's server-side resource usage. It is intended as a developer tool to aid more efficient server resource usage and debug server-side resource leakage. OPTIONS
--help Show usage. --display, -d <display> Specify X11 display to monitor. --delay-time, -dt <seconds> Time in seconds between taking samples. Default is 2 seconds. --batch, -b Run in batch mode. Slightly more detailed infomation is streamed to stdout rather than the usual curses interface. This mode is intended for debugging a single client with something like xrestop -b | grep -A 15 appname --max-samples, -m <count> Specify number of times to gather and display results. Default is continuous, which can be set with 0 (zero). SEE ALSO
X(7), top(1). BUGS
The X-Resource extension is very new and may not be 100% accurate. AUTHOR
xrestop was written by Matthew Allum <mallum@handhelds.org>. xrestop(1)