Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: print: command not found
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers print: command not found Post 302226260 by redoubtable on Monday 18th of August 2008 03:39:52 PM
Old 08-18-2008
Code:
printf Apple

or
Code:
echo Apple

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print as well as count the files found by find command

I want the output of the find command to be printed and also the total files found by it. Can someone help in this. Obviously $ find . -type f | wc -l will not output the files found but only the count. I want both. There can be millions and trillions of files so dont want the output of find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print not found in Solaris

Hi, i have these script whether to find a script is running or not echo "Checking if job is running mail.sh" ((numproc=`ps -aef |grep mail.sh | grep -v grep | wc -l`)) print numproc if ((numproc == 0 )) then print "OKAY to start mail.sh" else PAGEDT=`date|cut... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malickhat
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print next word after found pattern

Hi all, I'd like to print the next word after a found pattern. example text: word1 word2 word3 word4 pattern word5 pattern word1 word2 word3 word4 word1 word2 pattern word4 basiclly the word after pattern. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print characters till the next space when the pattern is found

i have a file which contains alphanumeric data in every line. what i need is the data after certain pattern. the data after the pattern is not of fixed length so i need the data till the space after the pattern. Input file: bfdkasfbdfg khffkf lkdhfhdf pattern (datarequired data not required)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print all lines after a pattern is found

Is there a way with aw to print all lines after a string is found There is a file like this ....... ........ 2012/19/11 :11.58 PM some data lne no date 2012/19/11 :11.59 PM some other data 2012/20/11 :12.00 AM some other data some line without dates some more lines without dates... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print character after pattern found

Hi Gurus, i need your help to create a script the will print a characters after the pattern was found. Sample lines are below: My birthday:"1977-16-07", My birthday:"1975-16-07" My birthday:"1970-16-07". My patter should be "birthday:", then i want to print the following characters which... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: scripter123
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print if found non-desired result

I have a result like this root@server # grep -rl maldet /etc/cron* /etc/cron.d/maldet_daily /etc/cron.d/malcron /etc/cron.d/malcrondaily /etc/cron.d/malcronweekly What I need is, I need an if/else condition such that, if there is any output other than /etc/cron.d/maldet_daily in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the entire line if the mentioned match is found?

Hello Everyone, I have a file with 5 fields in each line just like mentioned below. Also the 4th field is time elapsed(hh:mm:ss) since the process is running xyz abc status 23:00:00 idle abc def status 24:00:00 idle def gji status 27:00:02 idle fgh gty status 00:00:00 idle Here I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print line when closest number if found

so i have a code that identifies which value is the closest to a value provided by the user. awk -F"," -v c=${COLUMN} -v t=${USTIME} '{a=$c}END{ asort(a);d=a-t;d=d<0?-d:d;v = a for(i=NR-1;i>=1;i--){ m=a-t;m=m<0?-m:m if(m<d){ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
IPHETH(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 IPHETH(4)

NAME
ipheth -- USB Apple iPhone/iPad tethered Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
To load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_ipheth_load="YES" Alternatively, to compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device uhci device ohci device usb device ipheth DESCRIPTION
The ipheth driver provides support for network access through Apple iPhone and iPad devices, often referred to as USB tethering. ipheth should work with any Apple iPhone or iPad device. In most cases this must be explicitly enabled on the device first. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). The device does not support different media types or options. HARDWARE
The following devices are supported by the ipheth driver: o Apple iPhone tethering (all models) o Apple iPad tethering (all models) SEE ALSO
arp(4), cdce(4), intro(4), netintro(4), urndis(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8), usbconfig(8) HISTORY
The ipheth device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 8.2. AUTHORS
The ipheth driver was written by Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
Some devices may need to be manually configured to use an alternative configuration with the usbconfig(8) utility. A command similar to usbconfig -u 1 -a 2 set_config 3 may be required if the device is not recognised automatically by ipheth after it is connected. BSD
September 30, 2014 BSD