Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users problem connecting to oracle 10g after NCR node reboot Post 302226098 by sowjanya on Monday 18th of August 2008 08:00:40 AM
Old 08-18-2008
problem connecting to oracle 10g after NCR node reboot

Hi All,

I am facing a connection problem with Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 when my application (started by /etc/rc3.d at node reboot) tries to establish a session after reboot of the node where my application is running (NCR UNIX (MP RAS)).

I find that my application (run as a deamon process) dies (abruptly comes down) when a logon is attempted for the first time after the system reboot. I am pretty confident that there is no other process that is trying to establish a connection with Oracle other than my application after i rebooted the NCR node.

When i bounce my application (stop and restart the application) and try establishing the connection with oracle, it is working fine. The application attempts to make a connection only when it recieves a request from another client application on my NCR box.

I am guessing that there could be a problem when establishing the first connection to Oracle 10gR2 database from the client application. To add, we have Oracle 8i client software installed on the client side (NCR node).

I have also check for all the necesary application that it is dependent upon. All the applications upon which this application is dependent on are started properly even before this application is comming up.

Can some one help me out to resolve this issue?

thank you,
sowjanya

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

oracle 10g

I have download Oracle 10g for Solaris and I have configurate environment than I will start runInstaller and I have a messege that my version of solaris is not 5.7 , 5.8 and 5,9 I have 5.10 Solaris version what I shoud do I have download most actuall Oracle databases. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deux
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having A Problem Connecting to Oracle Using Cron

Can someone tell me how to prevent this? stty: standard input: Invalid argument ERROR: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified SP2-0306: Invalid option. Usage: CONN where <logon> ::= <username> | / ERROR: ORA-12162: TNS:net service name is incorrectly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodmis
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem while calling Oracle 10g SQLPLUS files

Hi all, Iam facing a lot of problem while calling Oracle 10g SQLPLUS files from shell. What is the standard procedures to be taken care. Any help would be useful for me. Thanks in advance, Ganapati. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
2 Replies

4. AIX

oracle 10g on AIX 5

hi can anyone help me by telling step by stem oracle10g installation in AIX 5 . Munir mondolsoft Bangladesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbamunir
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Connecting to Oracle Database using KornShell

Hello, I am very new to Scripting. I am having a Kornshell Script below for connecting to Oracle database. But getting an error while executing it. #!/bin/ksh ssh -X root@192.168.2.127 <perimuka> sleep 5 su - oracle sqlplus <mraghunandanan>/<peri123> <<eof Can anyone tell what is wrong... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mraghunandanan
3 Replies

6. AIX

Oracle 10g on AIX7

Hi, anyone know if Oracle Database 10g is AIX 7 certified??? thanks in advance. Regards. Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Node switched itself from static to DHCP on reboot issue

I'm trying to figure out what circumstances would cause an Open Solaris 11.2 host to switch itself from a static to a DHCP ip address upon reboot. This has only happened once but is a cause for some concern as this machine will be part of a web server pool. Nothing has changed on the LAN that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmokeyJoe
2 Replies
OCI_PASSWORD_CHANGE(3)													    OCI_PASSWORD_CHANGE(3)

oci_password_change - Changes password of Oracle's user

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_password_change (resource $connection, string $username, string $old_password, string $new_password) DESCRIPTION
resource oci_password_change (string $dbname, string $username, string $old_password, string $new_password) Changes password for user with $username. The oci_password_change(3) function is most useful for PHP command-line scripts, or when non-persistent connections are used throughout the PHP application. PARAMETERS
o $connection - An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3) or oci_pconnect(3). o $username - The Oracle user name. o $old_password - The old password. o $new_password - The new password to be set. o $dbname - The database name. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 oci_password_change(3) example changing the password of an already connected user <?php $dbase = 'localhost/orcl'; $user = 'cj'; $current_pw = 'welcome'; $new_pw = 'geelong'; $c = oci_pconnect($user, $current_pw, $dbase); oci_password_change($c, $user, $current_pw, $new_pw); echo "New password is : " . $new_pw . " "; ?> Example #2 oci_password_change(3) example of connecting and changing the password in one step <?php $dbase = 'localhost/orcl'; $user = 'cj'; $current_pw = 'welcome'; $new_pw = 'geelong'; $c = oci_pconnect($user, $current_pw, $dbase); if (!$c) { $m = oci_error(); if ($m['code'] == 28001) { // "ORA-28001: the password has expired" // Login and reset password at the same time $c = oci_password_change($dbase, $user, $current_pw, $new_pw); if ($c) { echo "New password is : " . $new_pw . " "; } } } if (!$c) { // The original error wasn't 28001, or the password change failed $m = oci_error(); trigger_error('Could not connect to database: '. $m['message'], E_USER_ERROR); } // Use the connection $c ?> NOTES
Note Changing the password either with this function or directly in Oracle should be done carefully. This is because PHP applications may continue to successfully reuse persistent connections by authenticating with the old password. The best practice is to restart all web servers whenever the user password is changed. Note If upgrading the Oracle client libraries or the database from a release prior to 11.2.0.3 to version 11.2.0.3 or higher, oci_pass- word_change(3) may give the error "ORA-1017: invalid username/password" unless both client and server versions are upgraded at the same time. Note The second oci_password_change(3) syntax is available since OCI8 version 1.1. Note In PHP versions before 5.0.0 you must use ocipasswordchange(3) instead. This name still can be used, it was left as alias of oci_password_change(3) for downwards compatability. This, however, is deprecated and not recommended. PHP Documentation Group OCI_PASSWORD_CHANGE(3)