Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RAID config
Operating Systems AIX RAID config Post 302224554 by markper on Wednesday 13th of August 2008 11:46:05 AM
Old 08-13-2008
O.k., so you make an excellent and well taken point. Last question, is there any issue if I keep the 36GB drives disk0 and disk1 for mirroring the OS, and replace the other four 36GB drives with 73GB drives?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view Drive/RAID config in UNIX...

How do you view Drive/RAID configuration in UNIX? We are running an ML370 with 6 drives in it... Version: Sco 5.2.0 Sco Openserver Release 5 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpoulson
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Raid config on Jumpstart (Solaris 10

Hi there, I was wondering if it is possible to include a RAID configuration in my Solaris 10 Jumpstart files, so that I don't have to manually set up RAID on all my machines. Thanks P.S. I started messing around with Solaris only a week back, so if I sound like a complete idiot, you know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iman453
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID software vs hardware RAID

Hi Can someone tell me what are the differences between software and hardware raid ? thx for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

6. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Software RAID on top of Hardware RAID

Server Model: T5120 with 146G x4 disks. OS: Solaris 10 - installed on c1t0d0. Plan to use software raid (veritas volume mgr) on c1t2d0 disk. After format and label the disk, still not able to detect using vxdiskadm. Question: Should I remove the hardware raid on c1t2d0 first? My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies