Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX ulimits max locked memory virtual memory Post 302224044 by big123456 on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 05:49:14 AM
Old 08-12-2008
Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virtual memory

Hi, can anyone explain me what virtual memory is ( for which we use vmstat commande line ) comparing with RAM ? many thanks before. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

2. Programming

about virtual memory and memory leak

Hi, First of all I appreciate this group very much for its informative discussions and posts. Here is my question. I have one process whose virtual memory size increases linearly from 6MB to 12MB in 20 minutes. Does that mean my process has memory leaks? In what cases does the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Virtual Memory

Hi! I work with HP-UX and I have to monitorize the use of virtual memory for different processes. (java processes for Tibco Adapter) And if these processes exceed a limit send a message to the syslog. I donīt know how to monitorize this... Should I do a script? or use an aplication, for example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kurohana
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu, memory and virtual memory usage

Hi All, Does anyone know what the best commands in the UNIX command line are for obtaining this info: current CPU usage memory usage virtual memory usage preferably with date and time parameters too? thanks ocelot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virtual Memory

Hi, Can anyone please help me workout how much virtual memory I have running on a T2000 running Solaris 10. Thanks # df -h swap 3.5G 1.0M 3.5G 1% /etc/svc/volatile swap 3.5G 208K 3.5G 1% /tmp swap 3.5G 56K ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
2 Replies

6. Solaris

restrcit physical memory with zone.max-locked-memory

Is it possible to restrict physical memory in solaris zone with zone.max-locked-memory just like we can do with rcapd ? I do not want to used rcapd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

7. Solaris

relationship or difference between entitled memory and locked memory

Hello solaris experts, Being new to solaris containers, from Linux, feeling difficulty in understanding certain concepts. Hope somebody can help me here. I understand that, & some questions .... Locked memory -- memory which will not be swapped out at any cause. is this for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegeek
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Locked memory issue

One of our project has exceeded its assigned max-memory-locked by 3 times .. The said project is using around 9 gigs as described by rss parameter in prstat -J .. and the max-project-memory parameter has been defined as 3gigs .. is it normal or we are monitoring the project memory usage in wrong... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

9. Hardware

About the max num of physical memory

Can anyone tell me what the max num of physical memery depends? It's the bit number of the data bus? How about the max number of the virtual memory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cateran
1 Replies

10. AIX

Nmon max and avg for cpu and memory

Hi All, Anyone know how to capture the nmon avg and max cpu and memory for one of the AIX server for Monthly Utilization Report purposes ? Thanks. ---------- Post updated at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:07 AM ---------- if possible use shell script to count or sum... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
6 Replies
mlockall(2)							System Calls Manual						       mlockall(2)

NAME
mlockall() - lock a process virtual address space in memory SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call allows the calling process to lock its entire virtual address space into memory, making it immune to all routine swapping. flags may be one or both of the following: Lock the current process virtual address space. All addressable pages of the address space are locked. Lock any future additions to the process virtual address space. Note that does not imply or can be used to unlock all or a portion of the address space locked with A single call to removes all locks from the process virtual address space. An call results in only the specified pages being unlocked. Regardless of how many times a process locks a page, a single or will unlock it. When memory is shared by multiple processes and mlocks are applied to the same physical page by multiple processes, a page remains locked until the last lock is removed from that page. Locks and applied with are not inherited by a child process. The user must have the privilege. Although and the family of functions may be used together in an application, each may affect the other in unexpected ways. This practice is not recommended. Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call require the privilege. Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Successful completion. Failure. The requested operation is not performed. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If fails, is set to one of the following values: The flags field did not contain either and/or There is not enough lockable memory in the system to satisfy the locking request. The user does not have the privilege. EXAMPLES
The following call to locks the entire process virtual address space in memory and ensures that any future additions to the address space will also be locked in memory: SEE ALSO
setprivgrp(1M), getprivgrp(2), mlock(2), munlock(2), munlockall(2), plock(2), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
mlockall(2)