Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting connecting servers using SSH - help needed Post 302223747 by jegaraman on Monday 11th of August 2008 09:47:02 AM
Old 08-11-2008
Hi Senthil,

Can u just comment out each of the message using * and grep -v '^*'

Just print ur script on the post and we shall see to it..

Rgds
JeganR

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Newbie help needed connecting to Internet

I have an Ultra5 with 2.56 that is connected to a network. We don't use a proxy server on the network but access the internet directly through a gateway. How do I configure the Solaris box to see the internet? Opening the internet explorer and setting HTTP; FTP etc ports to the ip of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FattyLumpkin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to remote servers

Please advise, The previous thread asked about the automated transfer of files between two servers. The question is - is there any way of encrypting the password within the script or is it a matter of setting the permissions settings on the script so that it can only be executed and possibly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdbooth
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting servers

Please help me out i want to know how to send email from unix machine to any email-id. mail to be sent is web based mail. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parmeet
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting servers

hi everyone i want to establish smtp connection between unix server and windows 2k3 mail server they are on one intranet. and unix server has ftp and telnet connection with the mail server. . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: parmeet
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem in connecting TCP services between 2 Solaris Servers

Hi, I have 3 solaris servers. Two servers of differnet network and one gateway. Server1 --> 192.168.0.1 --> Solaris 9 Server2 --> 10.27.40.2 --> Solaris 10 Server3 --> Iface1 --> 192.168.0.5 --> Solaris 10 --> Gateway Iface2 --> 10.27.40.5 Now I am able to ssh... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
36 Replies

6. Solaris

Documentation on connecting EMC storage to Solaris servers

Hi Can anyone suggest me some documents for EMC clarion documents which I am going to use in the servers with solaris environments. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ningy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting servers using shell script

Hi , I have three linux servers. I want to login from one server and check some status in the other server. How to connect other server from one server using shell script. Can anyone advice on this? Thanks, Chelladurai. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting using ssh

We have 2 different servers say A and B and I want to check the log file of 2 servers simultaneously. If I am logged into server A how can I connect to server B. I have used ssh username@B.But it is asking password. How can I give the password on ssh. Or is there any other utility for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim john
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for connecting multiple servers and then copying 30 days old files

Shell script for connecting multiple servers and then copying 30 days old files from those server . HI , I have 6 multiple servers pla1,pla2,pla3,pla4,pla5,pla6 1. These six servers have common shared mount point /var/share 2. Running script from /var/share to connect these servers.I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcroyal88
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find active SSH servers w/ ssh keys on LAN

Hi, I am trying to complete my bash script in order to find which SSH servers on LAN are still active with the ssh keys, but i am frozen at this step: #!/bin/bash # LAN SSH KEYS DISCOVERY SCRIPT </etc/passwd \ grep /bin/bash | cut -d: -f6 | sudo xargs -i -- sh -c ' && cat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: syrius
11 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)