Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX nim mksysb error :/usr/bin/savevg[33]: 1016,07: syntax error Post 302223727 by zaxxon on Monday 11th of August 2008 08:57:42 AM
Old 08-11-2008
@Mods
I might be the cause of the double post as I said here is an AIX subforum, as usual...

Maybe move
https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...exp-error.html
to here, ty Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mksysb and Savevg woes

hi, i'm having a little trouble with an AIX 5.2 script that i have written and i was wondering if anyone could please offer me some advice on how to append a savevg backup to a mksysb tape, or more importantly where i'm going wrong? i've been trying to get this to work on and off for about a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boredazfcuk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mksysb and Savevg woes

hi, i'm having a little trouble with an AIX 5.2 script that i have written and i was wondering if anyone could please offer me some advice on how to append a savevg backup to a mksysb tape, or more importantly where i'm going wrong? i've been trying to get this to work for about a month with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boredazfcuk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nim mksysb - 0042-124 c_ch_nfsexp error

Hello, help me please. I am trying to create a mksysb bakup using nim. I am geting this error, how to correct it ? : Command : failed stdout: yes stderr: no +---------------------------------------------------------------------+ System Backup Image Space Information (Sizes are displayed in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
4 Replies

4. AIX

nim mksysb buffer overflow error

Hi, I am trying to backup a system ("client") through a slow network using "nim mksysb" on a nim server ("master") The backup starts, but doesn't success. Thanks if you can help me to resolve this problem : Creating information file (/image.data) for rootvg... Creating list of files to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

!/usr/bin/ksh error

Usually we use !/usr/bin/ksh at the start of the script.But if I am having this stuff in the scripts and calling one script from other its not working.What may be the reason behind it ? xyz.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "Hi" abc.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "I am fine" ksh xyz.ksh Its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
4 Replies

6. AIX

savevg - mksysb

Hello, I use commands savevg & mksysb to do backups on an AIX server. Frequently, I have a return code 3. I would know why, but after searches, I did'nt find. If somebody know ... Tell me. Thanks. emetra (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emetra
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

/usr/bin/rhgb-client -- error while loading shared libraries: libpopt.so.0

Hi All, I have RHEL 5 installed in my system. Something must has happened because when i reboot the server, it came with many error.. /usr/bin/rhgb-client -- error while loading shared libraries: libpopt.so.0. Can't open shared object files. No such file/directory It finnaly ends with the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IgnitedMind
6 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz error

I am installing lxml module for python on redhat I have installed libxml2 already. When I run for libxslt: ./configure --prefix=libxslt_folder --with-libxml-prefix=libxml2_folder It is ok the I run : make I have error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz collect2: ld returned 1 exit status I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_30
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

/usr/bin/scp error

I have this scp script running, /usr/bin/scp -r /cerner/mgr --exclude-from=/atg/move_exclude.dat 102.126.112.68:/cerner but am getting an error: --exclude-from=/atg/move_exclude.dat: No such file or directory I am wondering if the syntax is incorrect... I also have additional... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error: /usr/bin/env: ruby: No such file or directory

Hi, I installed ruby using rvm with root user on Linux. Now i m trying the below command as a non root user with sudo privileges. sudo /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.5/bin/gem install passenger I get the below error: I had even reset the path for both gem as well as ruby as you... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
SMRSH(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  SMRSH(8)

NAME
smrsh - restricted shell for sendmail SYNOPSIS
smrsh -c command DESCRIPTION
The smrsh program is intended as a replacement for sh for use in the ``prog'' mailer in sendmail(8) configuration files. It sharply limits the commands that can be run using the ``|program'' syntax of sendmail in order to improve the over all security of your system. Briefly, even if a ``bad guy'' can get sendmail to run a program without going through an alias or forward file, smrsh limits the set of programs that he or she can execute. Briefly, smrsh limits programs to be in a single directory, by default /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ allowing the system administrator to choose the set of acceptable commands, and to the shell builtin commands ``exec'', ``exit'', and ``echo''. It also rejects any commands with the characters ``', `<', `>', `;', `$', `(', `)', ` ' (carriage return), or ` ' (newline) on the command line to prevent ``end run'' attacks. It allows ``||'' and ``&&'' to enable commands like: ``"|exec /usr/local/bin/filter || exit 75"'' Initial pathnames on programs are stripped, so forwarding to ``/usr/bin/vacation'', ``/usr/bin/vacation'', ``/home/server/mydir/bin/vaca- tion'', and ``vacation'' all actually forward to `/usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/vacation''. System administrators should be conservative about populating the /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ directory. For example, a reasonable additions is vacation(1), and the like. No matter how brow-beaten you may be, never include any shell or shell-like program (such as perl(1)) in the /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ directory. Note that this does not restrict the use of shell or perl scripts in the /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ directory (using the ``#!'' syntax); it simply disallows execution of arbitrary programs. Also, including mail filtering programs such as procmail(1) is a very bad idea. procmail(1) allows users to run arbitrary programs in their procmailrc(5). COMPILATION
Compilation should be trivial on most systems. You may need to use -DSMRSH_PATH="path" to adjust the default search path (defaults to ``/bin:/usr/bin'') and/or -DSMRSH_CMDDIR="dir" to change the default program directory (defaults to ``/usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/''). FILES
/usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ - default directory for restricted programs on SuSE Linux SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) $Date: 2004/08/06 03:55:35 $ SMRSH(8)