Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can anyone explain this?
Operating Systems AIX can anyone explain this? Post 302222736 by redhead on Thursday 7th of August 2008 12:46:15 PM
Old 08-07-2008
the if condition say:

If the argument-count ('$#') given to the program dosnt equal (-ne) one (1)
- Display help on how to use the program.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

please explain this

zsh 4.3.4% cat file ACFCFACCACARCSHFARCVJVASTVAJFTVAJVGHBAJ zsh 4.3.4% cat file1 A C F R zsh 4.3.4% <file1 while read;do printf "%s=%d\n" "$REPLY" "${#$(<file)//}";done A=9 C=7 F=4 R=2 That was the previous post. But , can anybody can explain me in detail about this line zsh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy_needhelp
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please can any one explain this ${0##/}

I did not understand what is ${0##/} PGM=${0##/} TMP=/tmp/${PGM}.$$ Please explain me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gadege
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

please explain the below

could u please convert the below statement to shell script ---------- logdir=/smp/dyn/logfiles/cpm/pgm/pgIm $logdir = $logdir ."/pgIm${toDate}*"; ---- could u please explain the below clearly grep -i adding $logdir | grep -iv equation | awk '{print \$NF}' | sort -u | sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please explain this

if then echo "Syntax: $0 <sid> <COLD/HOT> <DEST>" exit fi if --------------what does this mean??? echo "Syntax: $0 <sid> <COLD/HOT> <DEST>"---pls explain this as well (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appsdba.nitin
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

can any one explain this example

hi all i have an example i want one help me to understand cause i tried to test it but almost fail and i don't know how can i solve this problem " the main idea to read from two files and replace something from one to another " but i don't understand why it fail all time $ cat main.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Could anyone help explain this?

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have a retake assignment to complete for my computer networks and OS class. This isn't really my area, had I known last year I could have swapped it for a different module I would have done so. I'm determined to get through it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Squall Moogle
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explain $# please

I'm trying to follow a script and I see it begins with this: if ; then if ; then print "blah $0 blah blah " exit fi fi What does $# mean? I found out that $1 refers to the shell environment and the last argument that was entered or passed in the previous command. I couldn't find $#... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

anyone can explain this?

why the case 2 will happen ? , ' should stop the history substitution ,shouldn't it? case 1 # echo "123"|sed '/123/!d' 123 case 2 # echo "123 > 456 > 1 > "|sed '/123/!d' -bash: !d': event not found case 3 # echo "123 > 456 > 12 > "|sed '/123/'\!d 123 # bash --version (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justlooks
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone explain this for me?

Can someone do me a favour and explain the following for me: ((r=$RANDOM%$n+1)) I know what $RANDOM does but what is % sign and what does it do with %$n+1? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How I can explain this?

Hi friends! I'm learning UNIX and I have a small question. Working with Shell, i put the name of one executable (in c language) + one number and it says this: $ gcc misterioso_4.c $ ./misterioso_4 6 got: , I can not find an answer in the manual because I havent applied any variable.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakota
5 Replies
GLUNIFORMSUBROUTINES(3G)					   OpenGL Manual					  GLUNIFORMSUBROUTINES(3G)

NAME
glUniformSubroutines - load active subroutine uniforms C SPECIFICATION
void glUniformSubroutinesuiv(GLenum shadertype, GLsizei count, const GLuint *indices); PARAMETERS
shadertype Specifies the shader stage from which to query for subroutine uniform index. shadertype must be one of GL_VERTEX_SHADER, GL_TESS_CONTROL_SHADER, GL_TESS_EVALUATION_SHADER, GL_GEOMETRY_SHADER or GL_FRAGMENT_SHADER. count Specifies the number of uniform indices stored in indices. indices Specifies the address of an array holding the indices to load into the shader subroutine variables. DESCRIPTION
glUniformSubroutines loads all active subroutine uniforms for shader stage shadertype of the current program with subroutine indices from indices, storing indices[i] into the uniform at location i. count must be equal to the value of GL_ACTIVE_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM_LOCATIONS for the program currently in use at shader stage shadertype. Furthermore, all values in indices must be less than the value of GL_ACTIVE_SUBROUTINES for the shader stage. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if no program object is current. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if count is not equal to the value of GL_ACTIVE_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM_LOCATIONS for the shader stage shadertype of the current program. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if any value in indices is geater than or equal to the value of GL_ACTIVE_SUBROUTINES for the shader stage shadertype of the current program. GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if shadertype is not one of the accepted values. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGetProgramStage() with argument GL_ACTIVE_SUBROUTINES glGetProgramStage() with argument GL_ACTIVE_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM_LOCATIONS SEE ALSO
glGetProgram(), glGetActiveSubroutineUniform(), glGetActiveSubroutineUniformName(), glGetProgramStage() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. AUTHORS
opengl.org opengl.org 06/10/2014 GLUNIFORMSUBROUTINES(3G)