Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing the last data of each line ina file Post 302221194 by summer_cherry on Sunday 3rd of August 2008 11:38:22 PM
Old 08-04-2008
Code:
awk '{for(i=1;i<=NF-1;i++){printf("%s ",$i)};print "";}' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to put quotes ina .sql file

Hi i am new on Unix.......... I have to write a ddl and for tables and I am using single quotes in the comment for the table and its column...........but when i see on the unix server the ' dont show . e.g. DROP TABLE DMR_PURGED; CREATE TABLE DMR_PURGED ( HEALTH_SERVICE_ID ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwalniru
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retreive content between specific lines ina file

Hi I have a text file which has two sets of lines repeating for "n" number of times.Some data is printed between the two lines.I want to retrieve all the data thats there in between those two set of lines.I have the string value of those two set of lines. To be much more clearer ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chennaitomcruis
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a line in a file - HELP!!!

I have a problem in the following code ... while read line do #Get Line Number OLDLINE=`sed -n $Lineno $filename` echo "Un Changed Line : "$OLDLINE echo "Enter a New Pattern : " read NewPattern <&1 echo "NewPattern :"$NewPattern NEWLINE=`cat $filename | sed -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing data of output file with input

Hi, I have a ksh which peocess and get me data from 3 days... ie if i process it on jan 28.. it gets data for 25, 26 and 27.... the process run every day and get previous 3 days data...all this data is appened to a file lets call time.out Now time.out cannot have deplicate data so what i want... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the last character for each line in a file

Hello, I have a csv file and will like to replace the last character of each line in the file with Z (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123script
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing line 'i' of file1 with line 'j' of file 2

Hi All, As mentioned in the title I have two text files and I would like to replace line number 5 of file #1 with line number 4 of file #2 e.g. file 1 wqwert 4.4464002 3 319 286 369 46.320002 56.150002 45.100002 1 1 1 0.723 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing data in one file with data in another

Hello, I have 2 files delimited by "|". File1: 1|New York 12| Buffalo 599| Syracuse File2: 56 Kennedy |1 9 Burridge Pl|15 98 BELL ROCK |599 My goal: Is to replace the numerical numbers in "File 2" (second field, not street address) with the corresponding city names from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vestport
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a line in a file

Hi all, I need to replace a line export TZ=xxxxxxxx with the line export TZ=$1 Now, "xxxxxxxx" in the above line is some unknown string and $1 is a parameter. I want the content of $1 to be replaced with "xxxxxxxx". Kindly help me how to do this in the shell scripting. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddeeps2610
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mapping a data in a file and delete line in source file if data does not exist.

Hi Guys, Please help me with my problem here: I have a source file: 1212 23232 343434 ASAS1 4 3212 23232 343434 ASAS2 4 3234 23232 343434 QWQW1 4 1134 23232 343434 QWQW2 4 3212 23232 343434 QWQW3 4 and a mapping... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Data in a File

Hi All, Have a requirement where i needs to alter the Content of File once it is generated. The File consist of Multiple line ...range from 2000-8000 lines. I need to change the Content of Lines which match this Pattern ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: asheshrocky
14 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)