Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting facing problem in getting output on single line Post 302220932 by Franklin52 on Saturday 2nd of August 2008 08:57:01 AM
Old 08-02-2008
Post a portion of the file dump3_out.dat. Maybe there's easier way to get the desired output.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line output to single line

Hello, How can I take the following output: outputa outputb outputc and turn it into single line ouput, with a single space between each field like below: outputa outputb outputc (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

single line input to multiple line output with sed

hey gents, I'm working on something that will use snmpwalk to query the devices on my network and retreive the device name, device IP, device model and device serial. I'm using Nmap for the enumeration and sed to clean up the results for use by snmpwalk. Once i get all the data organized I'm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitch
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output coming in different line instead of single line

Hi Guys, I have an oracle database, I am trying to query the database and route it to file. But the records instead of coming in a single line, are coming in three lines. Can you please help me.. in this.. sqlplus -s $SRMUserid/$SRMPassword@$SRMServer<< EOF >log.out; select * from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line space problem facing

Hi, I got a list of file that all got the same standard format. Can anyone teach me how to put the space in all of them?! Input file: >nucleotide1 AAAAAAAAACCCGGG >nucleotide2 GGGGGGCCCCCTTTTA >nucleotide3 GGTACACCACACTCAC >nucleotide4 TTTGGAGAGAGACCCC desired output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output to be in single line

Hi All, Small script but :wall:, please help in this regard. for i in 1 2 3 do echo $i done result : 1 2 3 I want the above to be printed as below expected result: 1 2 3 Thanks in advance :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_satyam
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multi-line output into a single line

Hello I did do a search and the past threads doesn't really solve my issue. (using various awk commands) I need to combine the output from java -version into 1 line, but I am having difficulties. When you exec java -version, you get: java version "1.5.0_06" Java(TM) 2 Runtime... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multi-line output to a single line in a group

Hi, My Oracle query is returing below o/p ---------------------------------------------------------- Ins trnas value a lkp1 x a lkp1 y b lkp1 a b lkp2 x b lkp2 y ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output to single line

Hi, I am using below command and getting below output. echo "dis ql(*) CLUSTER"|runmqsc CT.QM.ASSA10T1| egrep 'QUEUE|CLUSTER'|egrep -v 'SYSTEM|XMITQ'| sed -e 's/QUEUE(/ /g' -e 's/TYPE(QLOCAL)/ /g' -e 's/CLUSTER(/ /g' -e 's/)/ /g' output CT.CL.ALLUHUB.FLST_TO_HUB_PROV.01... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert single line output to multiple line

Hi all, I have a single line output like below echo $ips 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 want to convert above single line output as below format. Pls advice how to do ? 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 Regards Kannan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Output to file print as single line, not separate line

example of problem: when I echo "$e" >> /home/cogiz/file.txt result prints to file as:AA BB CC I need it to save to file as this:AA BB CC I know it's probably something really simple but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Cogiz (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
7 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)