Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris mail routing to Windows SMTP server (trailing dot) Post 302220631 by M2TTJ on Friday 1st of August 2008 09:46:07 AM
Old 08-01-2008
Thank you very much for your reply.

I will forward this on to the Unix guys.

Thanks again. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

SMTP mail

I want to send e-mail from my yahoo account. But mail -s "title" *@yahoo.com < line.txt is from my local address to *@yahoo.com. How can i do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Euler04
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure Linux box with my SMTP mail server

Hi all, I need to send mail to a particular email id using a local mail server.This mail shall contain the content of a file. I don't have any idea how to do it. Can anyone guide me ,where to start proceeding for it. Any guide or study material would appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_kv1983
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring Linux box with the smtp mail server

Hi all, I was trying to configure SMTP server with my linux box. I made changes to the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf whereby editing the line DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=<port number>,Addr=<mail server name>, Name=MTA')dnl after this ive created a new sendmail.cf file by using the command m4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_kv1983
4 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Send mail using SMTP

Hi I need to send email from batch script, using SMTP from my exchange server. Can any one send me command line of that should be non interactive. I did using MAPISEND, but i should not use it for some reasons. I have to send this using SMTP for Microsoft Exchange Server. mapisend -u... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohantmk
2 Replies

5. Solaris

NTFS under Solaris (switching from windows to Solaris server)

I want just to keep Solaris OS as my default OS . I have installed linux and windows as well but all my critical data is stored on NTFS partition so question is how to mount HDD with NTFS on Solaris (tried FUSE + NTFS-3g but that did`t worked for me system was down) And why Solaris does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Server on solaris (newbie)

Hello to all, My company has installed CW LMS 3 on a Solaris 10 server. I want to configure the system as a mail server, so that it sends an e-mail when a network incident occurs. I have created a user account and I have configured Thunderbird Mozilla to retrieve the e-mails. I have configured... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kadar
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing trailing dot

how to print a continuous trailing dot in output like ".........................." while a script is executing. Can anyone help... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
23 Replies

8. Solaris

Is a Solaris dhcp server better than windows?

hi, we are moving to dhcp from a static ip and i'm thinking which should best be the DHCP server? i have a windows 2003 server and a solaris 10 running on sun's m5000 server. Note to pinoy43v3r: Your avatar was NSFW. We changed it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinoy43v3r
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

php code - Sending mail with external SMTP server

Here is the code: <?php //new function function loadini($path) { $fp = fopen($path, "r"); $fpcontents = fread($fp, filesize($path)); fclose($fp); return $fpcontents; } $to = "test@test.com"; $nameto = "notme"; $from = "test"; $namefrom = "Who From"; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
0 Replies

10. Solaris

OutBound SMTP Server Mail issue

Hi all I have a Live SMTP server for outbound mails ( Mail being sent from my organization to outside domains). A large chunk of mails are not being sent and reside in /var/spool/mqueue directory. The header of there mails are: From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> How can I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies
mconnect(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       mconnect(1)

NAME
mconnect - connect to SMTP mail server socket SYNOPSIS
mconnect [-p port] [-r] [hostname] DESCRIPTION
The mconnect utility opens a connection to the mail server on a given host, so that it can be tested independently of all other mail soft- ware. If no host is given, the connection is made to the local host. Servers expect to speak the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) on this connection. Exit by typing the quit command. Typing EOF sends an end of file to the server. An interrupt closes the connection immedi- ately and exits. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -p port Specify the port number instead of the default SMTP port (number 25) as the next argument. -r "Raw" mode: disable the default line buffering and input handling. This produces an effect similar to telnet(1) to port number 25. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: hostname The name of a given host. USAGE
The mconnect command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.hf help file for SMTP commands ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
telnet(1), sendmail(1M), attributes(5), ip6(7P) Postel, Jonathan B., RFC 821, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California, August 1982. SunOS 5.10 9 Nov 1999 mconnect(1)