Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX how to install openSSH in AIX 5.3? Post 302219605 by shockneck on Tuesday 29th of July 2008 04:02:45 PM
Old 07-29-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak835
i have dloaded the necessary file...."openssh-4.7_5301.tar.z"

but don know how to install openSSH from this...[...]
Uncompress it, then untar it. When you get a file ending with *.rpm use
# rpm -Uvh openssh...rpm
When you get the AIX backup file format bff use
# inutoc .
in the directory where the bff is to create the table of contents (delete and recreate .toc file whenever you add/remove files from the installation directory) and then install it with
# installp -acXg -d . openssh-4.7*.bff
or use
# smitty install
if you prefer a 'guided' tour Smilie

One last thought because this might become your next question: if the installation fails because of some missing prerequisite (OpenSSL) - this can be downloaded from the IBM page via the link that is also given at the SourceForge page. You need to create an ID to register with the IBM Web Download Pack Program but this is free.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

openSSH for AIX

Has anyone installed openSSH, or any alternate ssh on AIX 5.1 if so is there a web site with quick guide of do's and don'ts for installation / setup that can be recommended. Is it a straightforward install ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
2 Replies

2. AIX

OPENSSH and PRNGD with AIX 4.3.3

I am running openssl-0.9.6g-3 and prngd-0.9.23-3 on AIX 4.3.3. When I tried to initiate a SSH session, it hang at the "ssh-rand-helper" command. I then get a source copy of ssh-rand-helper.c from openssh-3.8p1 to debug it and found that it hung during the function call "RAND_bytes(seed,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flockofseagull
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to install OpenSSh in tru64 4.0F??

I had been searching and i guess ssh is not available for 4.0F, the option is to install OpenSSh, but i don't know hw to do it!! :confused: Would someone pls send me some instrctions about the insalation and where can i download the OpenSSH??? Tks a lot!!! :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irasela
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Install & configure Openssh In Solaris 8

I hope someone out there can help. I'm trying to install & configure Openssh to my Solaris, I downloaded & Installed the following pkgs : openssh-4.4p1-sol8-sparc-local.gz openssl-0.9.8d-sol8-sparc-local.gz tcp_wrappers-7.6-sol8-sparc-local.gz zlib-1.2.1-sol8-sparc-local.gz... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

OpenSSH install

I'm trying to install OpenSSH on HP-UX 11.11, so, first of all, I was going to install OpenSSL, but I get an error message during "make test"... 23324:error:24064064:random number generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded:md_rand.c:503:You need to read the OpenSSL FAQ,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
8 Replies

6. AIX

openssh 5.0 with aix 5.3

Hi All, I upgraded my openssh to 5.0. Now I need to modify the sshd_config file to my company's new policy. My problem? There are two config file on my system: /usr/local/etc/sshd_config and /etc/ssh/sshd_config Which should I edit? Please help. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 6.1 and OpenSSH

Hi, First of all, I wanted to try AIX and purchased a rs6000 from ebay with AIX6.1 installed. My plan is to lear AIX, but I need to install ssh on the machine for the remote access. The point is that I have seen nowhere a how'to or something. Can you please give me some advices? ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
11 Replies

8. Red Hat

how to install Openssh in linux machine

Hi genious i'm New to Linux .. help me Very Urgent how to install Openssh in linux machine step by step .... plz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
3 Replies

9. AIX

Troubleshooting OpenSSH 6.2 Install on AIX 7.1

*SOLVED. please see edit at bottom* Hello, I have a freshly installed AIX 7.1 that I would like to enable SSH on. I believe I need OpenSSH and OpenSSL to do this. OpenSSL was already installed, so I moved onto installing OpenSSH. I downloaded OpenSSH 6.2 from this site that claims support... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
0 Replies

10. AIX

Openssh install failed on AIX 6.1

im new to aix... my task is suppose to be simple. install openssh i followed this article: Installing OpenSSH and OpenSSL on AIX 6.1 | Keymon's snippets and brushstrokes when i try to start the sshd service with the command: "startsrc -s sshd" im getting an error saying: "the sshd subsystem... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
6 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)