Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Disk Mirroring on solaris 5.8 Post 302219499 by incredible on Tuesday 29th of July 2008 08:46:26 AM
Old 07-29-2008
Its best for you to use disks of the same size for mirroring purpose. Whatever it is, you may not want to see another sort of problem arising a few weeks later I guess...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris mirroring / non-root disk

Hi Guys, Need to add 2 disks into a JBOD array (3310). Does anyone see anything wrong with my Procedure / Doco below? 1> Logon to system, check system logs for abnormal entries. 2> Make backups of related system files: A>cp -p /etc/system /etc/system.backup.081505 B>cp -p /etc/vfstab... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 8 disk/mirroring issue

Hello! I recently inherited system administration duties for a SUN v880 box. The system has 6 physical hard disks.. In doing some basic maintenance, I found they're configured for mirroring. I ran the metastat and metadb commands, and many of the mirrors are showing they are in need of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghuber
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk mirroring

Hi I have two raw disk that I want to mirror and then create soft partition on that. Could someone please help in the steps required c0t1d0 c0t0d0 Thanks Ajwat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajwat
2 Replies

4. Solaris

[HELP] mirroring disk at solaris 8 sparc v890

hi expert, sorry i'm new in solaris system, need more advice and help :) i'm confusing with mirroring disk at my sparc v890 solaris 8, i have 6 harddisk which the structure shown below : format : AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c1t0d0 <SUN146G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 848> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Help !! disk Mirroring

Hi I have a Sunfire X4100 box with a 4 disk Chassis (although I only have 2 disks in it). I have been asked to add two more disks into the chassis so that I can mirror the original two using SVM .....Ive read through a couple of SVM docs but am finding it a little confusing, and if any of you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Disk Mirroring for Solaris 10 x86

I am having an issue with setting up disk mirroring for Solaris 10 on an x86 server. My main problem is that the volumes and slices have already been setup and our proprietary software has already been installed and configured. The entire drive has been allocated in this configuration and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuck43
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 Disk Mirroring

Has anyone managed to set up disk mirroring in Solaris 10 yet? If so can you point me in the direction of some useful documentation please. Cheers (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: korfnz
25 Replies

8. Solaris

root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10

Need a procedure document to do "root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10". I hope some one will help me asap. I need to do it production environment. Let me know if you need any deatils on this. Thanks, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Disk Mirroring

Hi, How to identify whether the disk is being mirrored or not in RHEL (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Root disk mirroring in Solaris 10

I would like to perform root disk mirroring task. Can someone please help me out on this. Thanks !! Regards, Rama (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramagore85
2 Replies
oggz-sort(1)						      General Commands Manual						      oggz-sort(1)

NAME
oggz-sort -- Sort the pages of an Ogg file in order of presentation time. SYNOPSIS
oggz-sort [-o filename | --output filename ] filename oggz-sort [-h | --help ] [-v | --version ] Description oggz-sort sorts an Ogg file, interleaving pages in order of presentation time. It correctly interprets the granulepos timestamps of Ogg CELT, CMML, Dirac, FLAC, Kate, PCM, Speex, Theora and Vorbis bitstreams. Run oggz-known-codecs(1) for a full list of codecs known by the installed version of oggz. Some encoders produce files with incorrect page ordering; for example, some audio and video pages may occur out of order. Although these files are usually playable, it can be difficult to accurately seek or scrub on them, increasing the likelihood of glitches during playback. Players may also need to use more memory in order to buffer the audio and video data for synchronized playback, which can be a problem when the files are viewed on low-memory devices. Some older Ogg encoders also produce pages which incorrectly have granulepos timestamps recorded that shouldn't be: pages which have no completed packets must have a granulepos of -1. oggz-sort will correct such granulepos during the process of sorting. The tool oggz-validate can be used to check the relative ordering of packets in a file, and also to detect incorrect granulepos on pages with no completed packets. If either of these errors are reported, or use oggz-sort to fix the problem. Options oggz-sort accepts the following options: Miscellaneous options -o filename, --output filename Write output to the specified filename instead of printing it to standard output. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. -v, --version Output version information and exit. EXAMPLES
Correct the page ordering in broken.ogv: oggz sort -o fixed.ogv broken.ogv AUTHOR
Conrad Parker January 25, 2008; COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Annodex Association SEE ALSO
oggz-validate(1), oggz-merge(1), oggz-dump(1), oggz-diff(1), hogg(1) oggz-sort(1)